PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

With MOV's history of doing great presses with excellent sound quality, this new more limited release will likely be the desired press, especially because the old silver picture discs sounded like crap (and still commanded a 300 dollar premium in mint condition). 

Couldn't agree more, I've heard horror stories but from my personal experience the sound quality was always great, the packaging looked a little flimsy and photoshopped on some releases but I'm a glass half full kinda guy and as long as the tunes sounded good I could care less about the packaging but that's just me.

This is why I'm laughing at people complaining about the price. I would rather spend 45 and get a copy first hand then pay 100+ on a second hand copy that was owned by an infant who didn't know how to take care of an album and probably played it on a crosley with a broken needle.

Also you have to imagine people who own the OG will probably buy one of these because the originals sounded bad and all. The days of 15 dollar big name represses are probably over.

Actually, this is exactly why I'm complaining about the price. :) If nobody who actually wanted to listen to the album bought it, it would just get eaten up by people hoping to resell it for a profit. And if again nobody bought the album [from the flippers] it would drop in price. 

So in reality, supporting labels that are selling overpriced "limited" albums is actually indirectly supporting flippers. There wouldn't be flippers if record labels produced reasonably priced runs and repressed as needed to keep up with demand. I've seen people here complain about the "vinyl bubble," but this is the kinda stuff that keeps blowing the bubble up more and more.