PO Soon : MOGWAI - Come On Die Young 4 LP Box Set

Why couldn't this have just been a 2XLP repress of the original release? This box is gonna be just as expensive, if not more expensive than buying an original second hand. I think labels forget that affordability is one of the primary reasons for re-releasing vinyl on the consumer end.

...and WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

That's post 4000 for me! I'm officially a Tour Press!! I've been waiting for this day!

I'm definitely a big Mogwai nerd, so I'm stoked that it's a 4xLP with the supplement.  I can understand the want for the 2xLP at a lower cost, but I don't mind that they're not doing it.

I don't think I'll order this from Chem Underground because of shipping cost, but I'm definitely going to order it as soon as it hits a US distributor.

This pleases me a great deal. Now let's see that price-tag...

The Young Team box was about 80 USD.  I'd assume (and hope) this will be close to that.

Have an OG but will definitely grab this for the bonus material. Top 5 band for me.

Same here. It sucks for people who just want the 2xLP but I am extremely excited for bonus stuff. Preorder on May 1st gives me enough time to save, thank god.

Excellent.

IMO, its their best album.

Their best indeed. I love everything they do but nothing else they have done compares to this.

Someone let me buy your original 2xLP at a reasonable price when this comes out please.

Love this album, but no 4xLP set for me.

I was gonna post this same message but I figured it would be useless. I've been trying to get my hands on one for a while. Almost took the plunge on discogs a few times when it got down to around 60 to 65 but I still just could justify it.

Is anybody in the US going to have this for sale?

I would assume so.  But I'm also curious to know the best place to order this, too.  Would it be improbable for Amazon to stock some copies?

I'm definitely a big Mogwai nerd, so I'm stoked that it's a 4xLP with the supplement.  I can understand the want for the 2xLP at a lower cost, but I don't mind that they're not doing it.

It seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I agree with this.  If this were a 4x LP set for Happy Songs For Happy People or Rock Action – two albums I quite enjoy, don't get me wrong – I'd be a little hesitant.  But this is CODY.  Depending on when you ask me, this and Young Team are interchangeably the band's best releases among their vast catalog.  I have no problem going balls out on this one, and would probably opt for a 4x LP set even if a 2x LP was available for cheaper.  I understand that not everyone shares this sentiment, but that's simply my take on it.  Like a few people have mentioned above this post, I've been passing on "reasonably" priced OG copies [$50 - $70] for the better part of a year now, and I've also been pinching pennies in anticipation for this PO.  So I say bring it.

I would assume so.  But I'm also curious to know the best place to order this, too.  Would it be improbable for Amazon to stock some copies?

It seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I agree with this.  If this were a x4 LP set for Happy Song For Happy People or Rock Action – two albums I quite enjoy, don't get me wrong – I'd be a little hesitant.  But this is CODY.  Depending on when you ask me, this and Young Team are interchangeably the band's best releases among their vast catalog.  I have no problem going balls out on this one, and would probably opt for a 4x LP set even if a 2x LP was available for cheaper.  I understand that not everyone shares this sentiment, but that's simply my take on it.  Like a few people have mentioned above this post, I've been passing on "reasonably" priced OG copies [$50 - $70] for the better part of a year now, and I've also been pinching pennies in anticipation for this PO.  So I say bring it.

I get your enthusiasm but there really should have been a cheaper alternative for those of us who don't need the extras. I may end up getting this and I really enjoy the second set included but I can't see myself playing it that much unless it really blows me away. More power to you and those like-minded. I'm glad that you're glad. ;)

...and....

Why couldn't this have just been a 2XLP repress of the original release? This box is gonna be just as expensive, if not more expensive than buying an original second hand. I think labels forget that affordability is one of the primary reasons for re-releasing vinyl on the consumer end.

...and WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

That's post 4000 for me! I'm officially a Tour Press!! I've been waiting for this day!

Seriously? I got down voted for this? Somebody has both no sense of humor and a particularly large stick lodged in their rectal cavity.