PO Soon : MOGWAI - Come On Die Young 4 LP Box Set

"Zero fucks given" is right.

And that's less than $25 per album – I'd say you did good.  I believe I paid around $27 or so to import each one via Amazon, just like you did, and I thought that was a fair deal considering the rarity of most of them [at the time].  So are you still missing Young Team, then?

yup, ordered this with no regrets, and all I need now is Young Team. gonna have to wait a bit for that one though hahaha.

damn, i hope these last a bit.  RSD + the Slint box from this past month is hurting me right now.

Even if there was a ton of RSD exclusives that I absolutely had to have this year - and I'm so very grateful that there weren't - I'd probably prioritize them and push what I could off to the side, to allow a budget for this CODY box.  That's the only reason I didn't cave on Slint.  In a perfect world, owning both would be ideal... but, eh.  I know Spiderland is regarded as a more classic record than CODY - though that's comparing apples to oranges, a little bit - but my basic copy of Spiderland sounds dandy.  And I unfortunately can't say that about CODY (yet).  Either way, I hope you and Bronch can scoop one up later.  Hopefully for less than the current price.

yup, ordered this with no regrets, and all I need now is Young Team. gonna have to wait a bit for that one though hahaha.

Nice.  I do wonder when YT will get repressed.  Sort of sucks that you're only missing their (arguably) best album, but I bet you'll find one with a bit of patience and-or diligence.

I really wish they'd repress EP and make it EP+6.  It's the only band release I'm missing at this point, minus the soundtracks.

And did anyone else hear that they're releasing a new EP this fall?  They've been writing it while on tour, apparently.  Should be interesting.  I wouldn't be opposed to less electronic, Rave Tapes-esque sounds... but that's probably wishful thinking.

Even if there was a ton of RSD exclusives that I absolutely had to have this year - and I'm so very grateful that there weren't - I'd probably prioritize them and push what I could off to the side, to allow a budget for this CODY box.  That's the only reason I didn't cave on Slint.  In a perfect world, owning both would be ideal... but, eh.  I know Spiderland is regarded as a more classic record than CODY - though that's comparing apples to oranges, a little bit - but my basic copy of Spiderland sounds dandy.  And I unfortunately can't say that about CODY (yet).  Either way, I hope you and Broch can scoop one up later.  Hopefully for less than the current price.

Nice.  I do wonder when YT will get repressed.  Sort of sucks that you're only missing their (arguably) best album, but I bet you'll find one with a bit of patience and-or diligence.

I really wish they'd repress EP and make it EP+6.  It's the only band release I'm missing at this point, minus the soundtracks.

And did anyone else hear that they're releasing a new EP this fall?  They've been writing it while on tour, apparently.  Should be interesting.  I wouldn't be opposed to less electronic, Rave Tapes-esque sounds... but that's probably wishful thinking.

how much does the YT deluxe edition set you back now? and how much was it originally?

how much does the YT deluxe edition set you back now? and how much was it originally?

I believe everyone was saying that the retail was close to $80 PPD.  I don't even know if I was giving Mogwai the time of day when it was repressed and up for order, so I couldn't tell you firsthand.  But I ended up talking an eBay seller into privately selling me a copy (off-site) to avoid inflation fees.  I believe I dropped  $60 - $70 PPD on it.  But considering that it was less than two years ago, and that the copy was still factory-sealed, I was pretty happy.

Ordered.

1357096464050.gif

Just for kicks I e-mailed Chemikal to see if this repress of CODY meant for more possible represses down the road.  I bounced them the idea of bringing EP+6 onto a double LP for the first time, since I'm going to have a hell of a time justifying the purchase of EP, considering the going rates and the amount of music you get.  I know it's not likely, but a guy can dream.

As I leave close to their offices, I emailed Chemikal to find out if i could pick it up from them (it seems silly for me to pay shipping if they have them at their offices) or if it is going to be available elsewhere. Here's what they said:

It'll definitely be available in the shops and we'll have plenty of stock (I'm pretty sure) so don't feel huckled into ordering one online just now, you'll pick a copy up no problem.

Not sure if that helps people outside the UK, but it might mean Insound or actual bricks and mortar US stores will get it.