PO: Old Gray/Tiny Moving Parts split 7"

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody happen to know how I can get a hold of Kind Of Like Records? I preordered both this and the fourth press of the Tiny Moving Parts album from them, but when I received them last week they arrived in a completely warped box...let's just say both records have a nice wavy shape. I couldn't find any way to contact them besides messaging them on Facebook, and they still have yet to respond to my message :/

Tiny Moving Parts:10346195_753914844660515_786979099397042

Does anybody happen to know how I can get a hold of Kind Of Like Records? I preordered both this and the fourth press of the Tiny Moving Parts album from them, but when I received them last week they arrived in a completely warped box...let's just say both records have a nice wavy shape. I couldn't find any way to contact them besides messaging them on Facebook, and they still have yet to respond to my message :/

Tiny Moving Parts:10346195_753914844660515_786979099397042

Mine is similar but sounds fine because my TT doesn't suck.

Mine is similar but sounds fine because my TT doesn't suck.

I wish I could afford a better TT at the moment.  Most warped records sound warped on mine which is a bummer.  I'll probably try to save up this summer after my trip for a Debut Carbon.  But even after that...speakers....amp...ugh.

Or maybe its best that if you buy a record it doesn't come warped. Seriously, it's not because his record player sucks its because either the pressing sucks or the shipping sucked. Either way, send it back, you deserve better.

Why thank you. I don't know why I was immediately insulted for posting about this. In no way am I trying to rip the record label off. I have no idea whose fault the damage is, but I must say, they packaged my two records somewhat poorly. One simple slate of cardboard was the only thing inside the box with them. I'm not made of money like a lot of the collectors seem to be on this site, and when I pay money for a record, I at least expect it to arrive in pretty good shape. The record I received is one of the most warped I've ever seen.

Why thank you. I don't know why I was immediately insulted for posting about this. In no way am I trying to rip the record label off. I have no idea whose fault the damage is, but I must say, they packaged my two records somewhat poorly. One simple slate of cardboard was the only thing inside the box with them. I'm not made of money like a lot of the collectors seem to be on this site, and when I pay money for a record, I at least expect it to arrive in pretty good shape. The record I received is one of the most warped I've ever seen.

I wasn't insulting you, grow some thicker skin. You said the box was warped, that isn't their fault. 

in every thread for every DW release there are at least a few people who inevitably come up with warped records or split jackets or whatever and then complain about it and usually get a replacement which they rightfully thank tre for. its not uncommon for labels to do a slight overrun and i see lots of posts related to that on this forum. 

i've never returned a warped record, probably because i'm so lazy, but i have been pretty lucky with all my warping being minor. i did have a copy of kezia that came split in half, and unfortunately i never got around to taking the pictures that were requested for a replacement, which is a bummer in retrospect. pretty stupid on my part, hardly the worst. the warping in that picture looks pretty severe, probably enough that i would like to get a replacement copy, maybe after trying to flatten it out. in any case, its probably not a matter of a shitty turntable or thicker skin, i don't think you were attacking him, but your remarks are a little surprising considering how often people complain about poorly received records. my ctts bronze/ochre just came in with a slight warp, looks fine though. i'm not saying that you should expect a label to just de facto make it up to you but i bet most will if you inquire into them. people can be anal enough about minor jacket damage that i'm not really surprised someone would be a little bummed that half their record is tilted up an extra 45 degrees. 

• 2 weeks later...

And because USPS sucks labels that sell $10 LPs need to lose even more money from something that is just kind of annoying? Fuck that.

I'm really really really confused about something. This is a consumer interaction. There is in essence a contract that the item you purchase comes to you in working order. This isn't about a dinged corner. I get most labels are small businesses but they are BUSINESSES. Regardless of whether you create your entity purely to put out your pals band, repress shitty Drive Thru releases or create a new Indie Mega Label you are still taking money from a consumer and need to deliver on it. Until that item enters the purchasers hand the seller is responsible. I deal with this shit on eBay and I am not even pretending to be a business but as the seller there is a reasonable expectation that the music you've purchases will sound like well, music. 

I am not donating to some person's basement dreams of creating a record label, I'm buying a material item. Now, people get dumb about stuff. Small seam splits, corner dings, holes that are too small, center labels not being perfectly aligned - those don't effect the play or sound of the record. A warp does and you at a very base level should expect that when you buy a record that it plays properly. 

I'm really really really confused about something. This is a consumer interaction. There is in essence a contract that the item you purchase comes to you in working order. This isn't about a dinged corner. I get most labels are small businesses but they are BUSINESSES. Regardless of whether you create your entity purely to put out your pals band, repress shitty Drive Thru releases or create a new Indie Mega Label you are still taking money from a consumer and need to deliver on it. Until that item enters the purchasers hand the seller is responsible. I deal with this shit on eBay and I am not even pretending to be a business but as the seller there is a reasonable expectation that the music you've purchases will sound like well, music. 

I am not donating to some person's basement dreams of creating a record label, I'm buying a material item. Now, people get dumb about stuff. Small seam splits, corner dings, holes that are too small, center labels not being perfectly aligned - those don't effect the play or sound of the record. A warp does and you at a very base level should expect that when you buy a record that it plays properly. 

I still have not got this resolved. I finally received a message back from them on Facebook after about a week, sent them an email with pictures for proof, and have yet to hear back. Even if the warped records are not their fault at all, their lack of communication is pretty poor customer service. Add this to the fact they didn't really have any customer service to begin with. No posted number to call or email to contact or anything.

I still have not got this resolved. I finally received a message back from them on Facebook after about a week, sent them an email with pictures for proof, and have yet to hear back. Even if the warped records are not their fault at all, their lack of communication is pretty poor customer service. Add this to the fact they didn't really have any customer service to begin with. No posted number to call or email to contact or anything.

No shit they don't have a fucking phone number to call.

• 4 weeks later...

Still haven't gotten a shipping notification for this nor sorority noise. Isn't the first time BWM messed with my order. I still remember the repress of an autobiography which took 3 months for ship after I ordered.

This still hasn't been shipped? Wtf is going on?? I've been wondering what's happening.

And same on the An Autobiography. Shit took ages, however I ordered this split off of KOL and it's still taking forever.

Not to mention their website is like, down or something.

I WANT THIS ALREADY

• 4 weeks later...