Chiodos - All's Well That Ends Well and Bone Palace Ballet Hot Topic exclusives

So I'm a jackass for wanting something I paid 33 dollars for not to be an eyesore?

And you guys really have created a positive, helpful, not at all smug or douchey environment here, Bra-fucking-vo.

I don't even know how to respond to this. Have you ever heard of marbling? It's not that common for a solid record to not have some sort of marbling due to transition in pressing colors and what not. No, it's not a legitimate complaint, at all, to answer your question.

That's why people are laughing... if it was a big scratch or a scuff or ANYTHING that affected playback, it would be a different story.

I don't even know how to respond to this. Have you ever heard of marbling? It's not that common for a solid record to not have some sort of marbling due to transition in pressing colors and what not. No, it's not a legitimate complaint, at all, to answer your question.

Nope, I have not, as I said I'm obviously pretty ignorant about most of the smaller details when it comes to vinyl. Don't touch the grooves, store them upright and away from sunlight and that's about all I know. I've purchased 60+ LPS since I started this 5 months ago, all online (I live in the middle of nowhere), many of them clear/colored, and these two are the first time I've encountered anything like this so, yeah, I was a little thrown off when I opened it up and saw it, not so much with AWTEW but definitely with BPB.

Didn't mean to derail the thread, it was a simple noob question.

I don't think I entirely agree with the logic being presented here though. Sure, it doesn't affect the functionality of the record, and scuffed sneakers don't affect the function of the shoes nor do dents in a car affect the way it drives, but I'm pretty sure no one here would buy new sneakers with scuffs on them or a new car with a dent in it. 

As everyone else said it's pretty common for a solid colored record to have a blemish like that.  I'm sure the majority of the HT variant has something like that on at least one of the 2 LP's.  After all, the merchnow variant is white.  

Think of it as a red/white swirl ya got there.  

That's what I figured when I saw orange spot on my AWTEW, I guess I just didn't put that together when I saw this.

No, because you are on the internet and can't take a joke. Several people have answered you with completely decent responses and you are still salty.

Mean spirited jokes, nah, I don't especially go in for those. Particularly on a board dedicated to a singular hobby with a good deal of intricacies and directed towards new members who are just trying to figure it out. But you're right, I don't know why I ever expect anything less than what I get when asking questions of anonymous strangers on an internet forum, I should really know better by now.

:( Well, I was just trying to explain. 

If tiny things like that bother you then vinyl might not be the right hobby for you. 

Part of the joy of this hobby is the little imperfections of the medium that make it what it is.

Oh whatever snide dumb thing I said wasn't really directed at you. More towards the people chiming in with their incredibly clever and constructive "LULZ." 

Am I being retarded? I'm new to this shit so if so it'd be cool if you'd tell me instead of just being snarky about it.

So I'm a jackass for wanting something I paid 33 dollars for not to be an eyesore?

And you guys really have created a positive, helpful, not at all smug or douchey environment here, Bra-fucking-vo.

The only one being mean spirited is you. No one called you the above names, no one has cursed at you, except for you yourself. You are acting like a child. So by all means, continue your temper tantrum.

The only one being mean spirited is you.

I beg to differ

You're joking, right?

He must be joking

This hurts me.

No one called you the above names, no one has cursed at you, except for you yourself. 

Do you know what inference is? As in people saying "Is he joking?" "This hurts me" inferring that I'm an idiot. Which, when it comes to vinyl, is absolutely true, but still a shitty thing to do and mean spirited. Especially if it's the only thing you're going to do and not even attempt to answer my question.

And I'm sorry, I didn't realize VC was a PG, family friendly environment where cursing was frowned upon, because I have seen plenty of evidence to the contrary.
And I'm not "throwing a temper tantrum", as your charming and transparent attempt to high road me suggests. I genuinely mean it when I say that I should know better than to expect decent responses from anonymous people on the internet. That's why I have no problem giving people their own bullshit right back to them. This is all an exercise in futility, people.