Want: Deafheaven // Sunbather

Is it really that big a deal?

At least make your own thread (including other possible wants) and manage it.  This has been Fang's topic for nearly 3 months now, and he's made it his own by going above and beyond the typical "bump plz sell me this" posts.  Don't ride the coat tails, man.

I know you're new to the boards... but I can promise you that this isn't me trying to flex seniority or pick on another new guy.  I apologize if you think I'm being a dick.  There is nothing wrong with seeking the same record someone else is... but to chirp "hey I've got money, sell me this record" in the thread of someone else - who's been adamantly pursuing said record for the last ~80 days - is just kind of tacky.  I can't speak for everyone, but if I'm going to jump into a communal request thread, I make it a point to note the OP and give them priority.  The courteous thing for you to have done is post something like; "Hey, once Fangs finally secures a copy of this, I'm looking for one as well."  Or even "If you've contacted Fangs with a copy to sell and it was too high for him, please drop me a line since I'm also looking to throw money at this variant."  Just my opinion anyway.

At least make your own thread (including other possible wants) and manage it.  This has been Fang's topic for nearly 3 months now, and he's made it his own by going above and beyond the typical "bump plz sell me this" posts.  Don't ride the coat tails, man.

I know you're new to the boards... but I can promise you that this isn't me trying to flex seniority or pick on another new guy.  I apologize if you think I'm being a dick.  There is nothing wrong with seeking the same record someone else is... but to chirp "hey I've got money, sell me this record" in the thread of someone else - who's been adamantly pursuing said record for the last ~80 days - is just kind of tacky.  I can't speak for everyone, but if I'm going to jump into a communal request thread, I make it a point to note the OP and give them priority.  The courteous thing for you to have done is post something like; "Hey, once Fangs finally secures a copy of this, I'm looking for one as well."  Or even "If you've contacted Fangs with a copy to sell and it was too high for him, please drop me a line since I'm also looking to throw money at this variant."  Just my opinion anyway.

Yeah what he said is exactly what I meant by 'not cool man'. He's just slightly better with words than me.

well, in that case - apologies. the way i read it was that the thread bump was almost for other people to jump in on, as he was 'working on a deal' aka getting a copy.

Whoops.

I could be wrong, but I believe he's continuing to bump the thread to keep us all posted, since we've all been rooting for him and hoping that he'll find one at a decent price.  If there was a public "Help Me Get a Sunbather Splatter" thread, I feel like it'd never leave page 1.

I have a deal in the works, but I'm just going to bring this guy to the top. Just because.

Seeing this thread bumped so much is starting to give me the itch for the splatter. It's kind of like the neighbor you see everyday and don't pay much attention to. Then one day she comes home at 12AM wearing her club dress with her C-cups spilling out and her booty looking all Kardashian-esque and you're like DAYUMMMM!!! I gotta have that!

Seeing this thread bumped so much is starting to give me the itch for the splatter. It's kind of like the neighbor you see everyday and don't pay much attention to. Then one day she comes home at 12AM wearing her club dress with her C-cups spilling out and her booty looking all Kardashian-esque and you're like DAYUMMMM!!! I gotta have that!

I have no idea what you mean... But yes. I agree.

Bump, cause now a piece of me is with Fangs. It wasn't easy to let go of, but as we can all see he cares a shitload about said item.

This man stepped up to the plate when everyone was scared. When a search of epic proportions was becoming futile he muttered the now infamous words of ;

"Guess what?" in a private message which brought the futile labor of this never ending search to a screeching halt with his offer of the variant that is only whispered about in hushed tones. The variant that is pink and gold specks forever affixed in a transparent frame. The legendary Sunbather Splatter. Within a week or two, the trusty carrier pigeon he sent will arrive at my doorstep carrying the legendary record that I have pined after for eternity.

Soon I will be Ahab who has finally caught Moby Dick, Johnny Truant standing in that house on Ash Tree Lane, or in layman's terms Wile E. Coyote finally catching The Road Runner. It will be wondrous.

But in all reality I'm going to Scotland for two weeks, so when I get home I'll make an epic celebratory post.

This man stepped up to the plate when everyone was scared. When a search of epic proportions was becoming futile he muttered the now infamous words of ;

"Guess what?" in a private message which brought the futile labor of this never ending search to a screeching halt with his offer of the variant that is only whispered about in hushed tones. The variant that is pink and gold specks forever affixed in a transparent frame. The legendary Sunbather Splatter. Within a week or two, the trusty carrier pigeon he sent will arrive at my doorstep carrying the legendary record that I have pined after for eternity.

Soon I will be Ahab who has finally caught Moby Dick, Johnny Truant standing in that house on Ash Tree Lane, or in layman's terms Wile E. Coyote finally catching The Road Runner. It will be wondrous.

But in all reality I'm going to Scotland for two weeks, so when I get home I'll make an epic celebratory post.

Haha, that was a pretty effing hilarious response in itself.

I was pooping around in Sunbather threads until I realized this really is the only one that matters. Thanks tellallyourfriends. Kudos to everyone involved in this masterpiece. Treasure it with all your heart, fangs.

My name is on the list of people who want the record. If I had a choice of variant it'd be black w/ silver splatter. But I can't afford $70 for any copy. I'd settle for the pink and piss as long as it looks more those colors than red like some others said some do. But I digress. Just bumping an amazing thread.

• 2 weeks later...