Riot Fest 2015

Tardcore

• 2 weeks later...

Three bands I want to see on Friday, four on Sunday, eight on Saturday. On the plus side, I may be able to head out early Sunday for a work trip. On the negative side, I'm almost guaranteed to run into constant band overlap on Saturday

Yep, Riot fest can either be split up perfectly, or the worst.  It's always a gamble.

I'm seriously considering flying out for the Toronto RF to see The Cure, since they're one of, if not my all-time favorite band and I've been waiting years and years to come to Mass again with no results.

Just a question for seasoned veterans of Riot Fest - how long do you think they'll be playing as headliners? Looking at past schedules, it looks like the headliners almost always got only an hour and 15 minutes of stage time, an hour and 30 if they were lucky. The Cure are known for their long sets - they're usually given a minimum of two hours as a headliner. I just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to get there only to see a brief (by their terms, anyway) set and no other bands on the bill for Saturday really interest me except maybe the Lips and DFA.

Just a question for seasoned veterans of Riot Fest - how long do you think they'll be playing as headliners? Looking at past schedules, it looks like the headliners almost always got only an hour and 15 minutes of stage time, an hour and 30 if they were lucky.

Someone who saved past schedules could probably answer you more clearly, but from what I remember about Chicago...

The actualy headliners, the last act to play on the biggest stage each night had two hours (8-10 or 8:30-10:30, I think). The folks who played in the second to last spot on that stage, or the last spot on the other two 'big' stages had 75-90 minute sets.

Someone who saved past schedules could probably answer you more clearly, but from what I remember about Chicago...

The actualy headliners, the last act to play on the biggest stage each night had two hours (8-10 or 8:30-10:30, I think). The folks who played in the second to last spot on that stage, or the last spot on the other two 'big' stages had 75-90 minute sets.

Thanks! Two hours is good enough for me. Looks like I'm off to Toronto then.

• 2 weeks later...

got my mineral tickets already. may pick up GUK tickets, but i'm gonna wait for the schedule to come out. 

Based on the already posted order, I fully expect the Get Up Kids to be playing STWHA during at least one other act I want to see, so seeing them that night solves the problem. Saw them in a ~300 capacity club in Baton Rouge a couple years ago and it was awesome.Looking forward to being able to stumble home from Bottom Lounge that night.

Quasi-related, did they ever announce the tenth band that's playing an album set at RF?