Riot Fest 2015

Tardcore

For people flying in to Chicago: what your tentative fly in date? Looks like as of now for LA, it would be cheapest to fly in Wednesday night. Which would give me Thursday to roam around Chicago and have a "tourist" day. Would anyone be down to meet on Thursday and hang? I know this is super in advance but I'm trying to plan ahead as much as I can. 

For people flying in to Chicago: what your tentative fly in date? Looks like as of now for LA, it would be cheapest to fly in Wednesday night. Which would give me Thursday to roam around Chicago and have a "tourist" day. Would anyone be down to meet on Thursday and hang? I know this is super in advance but I'm trying to plan ahead as much as I can.

I am just coming in from Indiana so I am not flying but I would be down to hang out on Thursday night. I am sure BillyA would be in also.

I actually went through Airbnb for Chicago this year...I've done it once before for Austin and it worked out really great. This year we booked an apartment in Chicago for the four of us and it ended up costing about $50/night per person which from what I experienced last year is cheaper than the hotels. Plus it's got a rooftop grill, full kitchen, etc so we figured it would help us out big time considering we will be there for 5 days.

Decided against flying this year, instead rented a super gas-friendly car to drive from Long Island to Chicago. 13 sweet ass hours...

that's a really good deal. where area is that place in?

So I booked my flight from LAX to O'Hare. I'll be arriving in Chicago at about 2 PM ish on Wednesday and I'll fly back to LAX on Monday morning. I'll have about a day and a half to kill before the actual festival so if anyone is going to be in town and will be trying to hang / find record stores / grab food (or) beer, I'm your guy. Plans will become more concrete the closer we get to the fest, but that's my tentative schedule. 

• 4 weeks later...

Due to circumstances beyond our control and despite lots of support for Riot Fest & Sideshow in Byers, May Farms is no longer available to host Riot Fest. A nearby alternate location will be announced early next week. We know this sucks, we're as disappointed as you are, but if you could be a little patient with us, we'll have more information ASAP. All tickets will be honored at the new location. Riot Fest in Denver is NOT cancelled, the show will go on, and rock n roll never dies.

10417517_10152332155718737_6923269092944

Bummed I can't make this.. seeing The Lawrence Arms in Chicago would be a blast for sure.

My flight (to Chicago Midway) doesn't land until 6:15.. so by the time I actually leave the airport and it's a 45 or so minute drive according to Google Maps.. would be cutting it SUPER close and tickets are $50, so really don'y want to waste the money if I can't get there in time.