Riot Fest 2015

Tardcore

Among performers scheduled to perform signature albums in their entirety are Snoop Dogg (“Doggystyle”), Ice Cube (N.W.A.’s “Straight Outta Compton”), Rancid (“… And Out Came the Wolves”), the Academy Is … (“Almost Here"), Pennywise (“XXXXXXXXXX”) and the Dwarves (“Blood Guts and P…”).

Riot Fest has never been a 'holy shit!' fest for me. But there's usually a few random bands on the lineup that make it worth going to. $50/day for a 3-day fest is pretty incredible. 

That being said, for the regular Riot Fest goer, this lineup seems pretty on-point. 

yeah, it's fine there's just no bands that I am super excited about.  I'll probably get a ticket but I may or may not show up.  

Shelling out for a hotel and getting to/from the park to hear some band from the 90's play that one song is just a sort of a big ordeal.

At least the Offspring aren't headlining (yet)

Yes, if you drink. 7 x beer prices you end up saving a little and the bathrooms are less crowded.

It's become less of a good deal over the years.  The first year in the park, it was an amazing deal.  You got something like 10 drink tickets per day and the VIP stage access was great.  The following year they cut back a bit on the drink tickets (I think it was 15?)  and the VIP areas sucked.

I didn't get to go last year, so I am not sure what the situation was like.

If you don't get in on an early ticket price, it's probably not a bad deal.

It's become less of a good deal over the years.  The first year in the park, it was an amazing deal.  You got something like 10 drink tickets per day and the VIP stage access was great.  The following year they cut back a bit on the drink tickets (I think it was 15?)  and the VIP areas sucked.

I didn't get to go last year, so I am not sure what the situation was like.

Last year's VIP areas looked a little better than 2013 (in terms of sight lines), but now it's an all new spot, so who knows. This year adds big screens in the VIP areas, but cuts down to 7 drink tickets. Doesn't seem remotely close to a $300 value, to me.

Location speculation, ahoy. I'm guessing they'll be using the portion of Douglas Park south of Ogden, which looks smaller than last year's site, but bigger than the older HP site. Judging from Google Maps, I can see them fitting two, maybe three smaller stages in the perimeter trees, and a bunch of bigger stages in the central open area.