Fear Before Art Damage

People like this album? I sold mine (which I got in a SHR grab bag thingy for free) for like $8 shipped a couple years ago. I could have retired early!

I was thinking the same thing. Hardly anyone wanted this when it came out.

I remember when VC had The Always Open Mouth, back in the Virgil days. He had so much trouble getting rid of those he had to mark them way down to about $8 at one point. Same deal with releases from bands like HHLL and SYNT. If you ask me, TAOM is a much better album than Art Damage.

I was thinking the same thing. Hardly anyone wanted this when it came out.

I like this album, but I hate that this is a picture disc. Was that perhaps a big reason no one wanted it?

If you ask me, TAOM is a much better album than Art Damage.

Completely agree with this. And if anyone should not want their copy of TAOM, PM me.  ;)

this record sat around forever and ever - so did the TAOM. these records are decent enough - HHLL and SYNT were/are fucking garbage. virgil had an exclusive license to press ferret releases and instead of pursuing something awesome like FATA - Too Bad You're Beautiful, Blood Has Been Shed, Scarlet, Zao, etc. - he chose to press some of the shittiest albums in their entire catalog.

I like this album, but I hate that this is a picture disc. Was that perhaps a big reason no one wanted it?

Completely agree with this. And if anyone should not want their copy of TAOM, PM me.  ;)

Naw I don't think the pic disc factor had to do with it. Cause like I said TAOM also sold poorly and it was a better album and not a pic disc. I just think no one really cared about this band at the time. I had one ex who listened to them, had Art Damage and Odd How People Shake on CD, and another girl I used to see actually owned the pic disc. They are the only 2 people I've ever known who even remotely liked this band.

I didn't mind TAOM, though. And around that time I saw them play a show in Detroit on Halloween night. Since By Man, Fall of Troy, FBtMoF and Bear vs. Shark (shortly before they broke up).

- Since By Man were dressed as zombies in shirt and tie.

- FoT didn't dress up IIRC,

- Fear Before were all dressed as Team Zissou from The Life Aquatic, and they had a guy in a shark costume stage diving, and a projector/strobe light. (They put on a great show.)

- BvS had the lead singer with a mullet/handlebar moustache and one of the guitarist/bassists went as Fidel Castro.

BvS also featured the drummer of Fear Before on at least one song. I think there might have been a few other guys join them on stage but this was a while ago so memory is a little hazy.

Epic show. The crowd was insane. This was at Alvin's and the men's room was broken/trashed and so there was piss all over the sticky floor and it stunk like stale urine in the back. Other than that fuckin good times, though.

this record sat around forever and ever - so did the TAOM. these records are decent enough - HHLL and SYNT were/are fucking garbage. virgil had an exclusive license to press ferret releases and instead of pursuing something awesome like FATA - Too Bad You're Beautiful, Blood Has Been Shed, Scarlet, Zao, etc. - he chose to press some of the shittiest albums in their entire catalog.

I'm giving you an up-vote just for mentioning BHBS. :)