MAN ADVICE v2.0

There are fewer things I hate more than having to ask my friends to fill me in on what happened the night before. And when I get drunk, 99.9% of the time, I'm nothing short of an energetic ball of fun. Even while that was mostly the case on Sunday, it was just a brutal combination of the previous day's alcohol, and finally getting a slice of pizza in me hours after we began drinking. Plus it was at a brewery, so of course I was sampling all the IPAs.

And I had absolutely no idea I was so drunk. It just hit me so hard, so quickly, that it was like flipping a switch.

But she and I have plans to catch a comedy show next week. !!!

And of course, Will- all the best to the two of you taking this next step together. Thrilled to see you finally went through with it!

Thanks man!!! It's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a phone now but I'm very new to this millennial approach to dating.  I installed tinder and mostly swipe right unless something really turns me off about their photo or description.  I get matches, some seem nice... but it's de facto to receive no messages and no responses right?

I mean you get a match based mostly on picture and then... so how bad could I be at saying 'hi'?  So I assume its just normal to receive no response?  I don't expect for girls to message me first, but I kinda wonder 'what is the point' when the only people who reply are, like, middle-aged mothers of two.  No offense meant but I feel bad for your kids that you are looking for a 25 - 30 yo replacement daddy on your iPhone

Maybe they are just getting hotter guys that are geographically closer?

Know I'm joking around a bit but it's a serious query: for those who use tinder, how often do you get a reply from a 'match'?

I have a phone now but I'm very new to this millennial approach to dating. I installed tinder and mostly swipe right unless something really turns me off about their photo or description. I get matches, some seem nice... but it's de facto to receive no messages and no responses right?

I mean you get a match based mostly on picture and then... so how bad could I be at saying 'hi'? So I assume its just normal to receive no response? I don't expect for girls to message me first, but I kinda wonder 'what is the point' when the only people who reply are, like, middle-aged mothers of two. No offense meant but I feel bad for your kids that you are looking for a 25 - 30 yo replacement daddy on your iPhone

Maybe they are just getting hotter guys that are geographically closer?

Know I'm joking around a bit but it's a serious query: for those who use tinder, how often do you get a reply from a 'match'?

I think the secret is to put a picture of a dog in your profile. It doesn't have to be your dog. it just has to be cute. but not TOO cute.

If the dog doesn't work, nothing can help you.

He just put "No games"

Don't get discouraged. Swipe right and try to start conversations. It's kinda shitty, but it really is a numbers game. You have to remember that 99% of the time a girl swipes right it's an immediate match. I've seen it, it's kind of hilarious. Just try talking to your matches and eventually you should be able to get some dates.

I'm an asshole and bailed on every tinder date I got. Including the girls who were like "I'm only in town for Christmas/New Years and we should fuck." after chatting with them for a few days.

Just earlier today, I actually got matched with a model with whom I have 1 mutual friend and I only have about 100 people, so I was like 'whoa this girl is gorgeous, seriously?'

Then I read her profile and it says she swipes everyone right because no one deserves to be judged by their looks, which I respect and think is actually pretty cool, but not much of a confidence booster and kind of a weird philosophy for someone who is a model.

Hahahaha

Pretty sure she's real though, cause she's friends with one of my 100 friends.

The worst is profiles with no pic or info, it's just a name, age, and gender.  How do they expect to get any swipes?  Probably just on there to creep people.

I saw one of my old buddy's sisters on there and I swiped her left hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a ton more luck on OkCupid than Tinder. Tinder was fun for a while but nothing great materialized out of it. The girls are so much better on okc (assuming you are actually trying to date someone and not just bang). I use their tinder-like interface and swipe Right/left based on appearance but then circle back around to all my yes girls and read their profiles. It's a really quick way to sift through the profiles without just swiping right to everyone. Also like the ability to search as well. Sometimes I'd just search on "Doctor Who" or "Gaslight Anthem" and see what came back. Usually if someone is into that show or band enough to list it out, we have a decent amount in common.

Been out with one girl 4 times in the last couple weeks. Not ready to say we are dating, but I think it's headed that direction.

I had a ton more luck on OkCupid than Tinder. Tinder was fun for a while but nothing great materialized out of it. The girls are so much better on okc (assuming you are actually trying to date someone and not just bang). I use their tinder-like interface and swipe Right/left based on appearance but then circle back around to all my yes girls and read their profiles. It's a really quick way to sift through the profiles without just swiping right to everyone. Also like the ability to search as well. Sometimes I'd just search on "Doctor Who" or "Gaslight Anthem" and see what came back. Usually if someone is into that show or band enough to list it out, we have a decent amount in common.

Been out with one girl 4 times in the last couple weeks. Not ready to say we are dating, but I think it's headed that direction.

Both Tinder and OKC are a lot better in bigger cities.  I tried my hand at them and the pool is rather limited in my area, even though it's a college town.

Would a 20 year old like myself be on like the younger end of OkC? I'm thinking of trying my luck on there but I'm not sure if I'll find many girls my age on there.

Would a 20 year old like myself be on like the younger end of OkC? I'm thinking of trying my luck on there but I'm not sure if I'll find many girls my age on there.

Yes, use OKC

I used OKC when I was like 23. Met a girl and started dating. When our relationship ended 4 years later I signed back onto OKC and had 30+ messages from back when I was 23. College girls totally wanted me and I was oblivious.

Met my current gf on okc too.

Yes, use OKC

I used OKC when I was like 23. Met a girl and started dating. When our relationship ended 4 years later I signed back onto OKC and had 30+ messages from back when I was 23. College girls totally wanted me and I was oblivious.

Met my current gf on okc too.

That's great! Hopefully I could find someone on there too (with the help of some sort of miracle lol)

Anybody else wonder why women list their height in profiles? If they only tell you one thing in the way of a physical description, it's height.

It seems like that's the one thing dudes care the least about...right?

My only guess is that it's a feeble attempt at suggesting how tall their suitor should be. If that's the case, just give us a number.

nobody is going to be offended.

Anybody else wonder why women list their height in profiles? If they only tell you one thing in the way of a physical description, it's height.

It seems like that's the one thing dudes care the least about...right?

My only guess is that it's a feeble attempt at suggesting how tall their suitor should be. If that's the case, just give us a number.

nobody is going to be offended.

i would think height requirements are exactly the kind of thing that would be offending. just be tall.