Discussion Regarding Posting Guidelines/Ground Rules

I "liked" this place better when you could post whatever you wanted without worrying about the baby patrol whining about it...

Whatever, I don't expect anyone to get it.

Right. That works fine whenever people are civil but when things get so out of hand like they have lately, something has to be done or the board could just spiral out of control completely. Yes, it's the internet. Yes, we shouldn't take ourselves so seriously. With that said, order is also important for the board not to become a place that people hate visiting. 

Thread's getting a bit wobbly.

I'm still waiting for us to establish what constitutes "GIF trolling". Just irrelevant nonsense - directed at no one - in GIF form? For the sole purpose of continuing a chain of drivel that derails the thread? Because I've seen that a time or two, and it just feels like a massive bandwagon jump. But I know I'm guilty of posting a GIF solely in response to a post – usually it sums up my reaction more efficiently than a rant, and allows me to move on without making a scene or starting an argument. I also thoroughly enjoy a good reaction GIF from other users.

Also want to chime in that Randy Savage, DaniOnly, caninesapien, and Teamocil are fantastic "newbs". Of all their posts I've seen, they've seemed to grasp things quickly and without making your typical jab-worthy threads or replies. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting about, too, but it's nice to see new members who don't even need to be hazed into being a positive contribution to the forums.

[so many sleepy typos in this post. Sorry for the initial confusion.]

But I know I'm guilty of posting a GIF solely in response to a post – usually it sums up my reaction more efficiently than a rant, and allows me to move on without making a scene or starting an argument. I also thoroughly enjoy a good reaction GIF from other users.

Also, Thanks!

I just don't see how things got "out of hand". Everyone was trolling each other, and people cried about it. How is that any different from what happens here on a daily basis?

This thread was mainly started as a result of a BLONK thread...

This board recently;

Mika-with-gun-in-mouth.jpg

Thread's getting some serious wobbles here.

I'm still waiting for us to establish what constitutes "GIF trolling". Just irrelevant nonsense - directed at no one - in GIF form? For the sole purpose of continuing a chain of drivel that details the thread? Because I've seen that a time or two, and it just feels like a massive bandwagon jump. But I know I'm guilty of posting a GIF solely in response to a post – usually it sums up my reaction more efficiently than a rant, and allows me to move on without making a scene or starting an argument. I also thoroughly enjoy a good reaction GIF from other users.

Also want to chime in that Randy Savage, DaniOnly, caninesapien, and Teamocil are fantastic "newbs". Of all their posts I've seen, they've seemed to grasp things quickly and without making your typical jab-worthy threads or replies. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting about, too, but it's nice to see new members who don't even need to hazed into being s positive contribution to the forums.

i agree with all of the above. a reaction gif is one thing (and totally acceptable, in my opinion), but people trolling by posting gifs in response to other gifs multiple times or not even in response to anything repeatedly is a different thing all together. ultimately, i think it's something that's going to be up to the descretion of the mods, but people shouldn't have to live in fear of posting a gif as a response.

Things I would like to not see in threads:

Shaq/Cat GIFs - I have been in several threads were people just didn't like the Topic so they just start posting shaq photos.  If you don't like the topic...go to another thread!

This is exactly how I feel. I think the Cartel thread (if I remember correctly) was constantly derailed by stupid wrestling pics, it's just nonsense! Go to EVERYTHING ELSE!!

I'll start out by saying I, even though that user made a stupid post about my daughter and I, added fuel to the fire. I haven't been into the vinyl game long, but I REALLY like this community. Even as a dude in his 30s with a career, a hot wife, a child, the ability to waste stupid amounts of money on vinyl, and growing debt, I did something I'm embarrassed about. In order to be internet cool, I started trolling the tolls in the Blink thread. It was dumb and pretty much uncalled for. I began recycling what others have been saying/doing for a long time; I kept it going. I became a part of the problem to the people who legitimately wanted to participate in the Blink thread. That wasn't/isn't cool.

However, with all that said, I feel there are members here (who have been here longer than I have) who are acting way too entitled; some of these are the same people I was copying in the Blink thread. (I still don't know where blonk came from). Yes, you may have a lot of posts, be known on the forums for lolz and coolz, but this doesn't mean you get special treatment. What you want it life doesn't always happen. Why should it be like that for you on a free message board? Yes, people are stupid; go look at the "which turntable should i getz" on r/vinyl, or watch a non-internet savvy relative try to use Facebook. We don't have to be the stupid police. If people are trolling, report them.

I vow not to be a jerk anymore, even to people like Enyfour5. He's a troll. However, a lot of us are. Their stupid question is just as stupid as me pursuing the shocker discussion in the Blink thread. Let's just be nice. That's my spill and apology.

Rule:

Stop trolling the trolls; just report them. Don't be a part of the problem.

P.S. Please don't turn this awsome community into r/vinyl. We get it: you're cool and have a lot of posts and people know you by name. But. Please. Don't. Turn. This. Into. A. Jerkfest.

This is exactly how I feel. I think the Cartel thread (if I remember correctly) was constantly derailed by stupid wrestling pics, it's just nonsense! Go to EVERYTHING ELSE!!

This has been addressed multiple times now.

EDIT: In fact, I've acknowledged that it was stupid, got banned for a week, and haven't done anything close to that since. Another fact, I've taken all the blame for it so far. Let's move past it and say that, yes, it was annoying nonsense and it shouldn't happen.

Another edit: I still don't know who Hulk Hogan or Ultimate Warrior were.

I'll start out by saying I, even though that user made a stupid post about my daughter and I, added fuel to the fire. I haven't been into the vinyl game long, but I REALLY like this community. Even as a dude in his 30s with a career, a hot wife, a child, the ability to waste stupid amounts of money on vinyl, and growing debt, I did something I'm embarrassed about. In order to be internet cool, I started trolling the tolls in the Blink thread. It was dumb and pretty much uncalled for. I began recycling what others have been saying/doing for a long time; I kept it going. I became a part of the problem to the people who legitimately wanted to participate in the Blink thread. That wasn't/isn't cool.

However, with all that said, I feel there are members here (who have been here longer than I have) who are acting way too entitled; some of these are the same people I was copying in the Blink thread. (I still don't know where blonk came from). Yes, you may have a lot of posts, be known on the forums for lolz and coolz, but this doesn't mean you get special treatment. What you want it life doesn't always happen. Why should it be like that for you on a free message board? Yes, people are stupid; go look at the "which turntable should i getz" on r/vinyl, or watch a non-internet savvy relative try to use Facebook. We don't have to be the stupid police. If people are trolling, report them.

I vow not to be a jerk anymore, even to people like Enyfour5. He's a troll. However, a lot of us are. Their stupid question is just as stupid as me pursuing the shocker discussion in the Blink thread. Let's just be nice. That's my spill and apology.

Rule:

Stop trolling the trolls; just report them. Don't be a part of the problem.

P.S. Please don't turn this awsome community into r/vinyl. We get it: you're cool and have a lot of posts and people know you by name. But. Please. Don't. Turn. This. Into. A. Jerkfest.

You. You're another new face I'm quite fond of. I don't know if you've made a single post that I've disagreed with or haven't enjoyed reading – this one being no exception. Very well said.

I like this thread. I like cats. I like cat gifs, but I don't like getting a PM about getting using the "hammer of justice" if I don't cool it with the reaction gifs.

I as one also feel that IF one we're to get said PM and then further inquire about which posts we're reported that a copy of that should be sent to you as well.

I spend a lot of time on here and have a lot of fun with you folks and I'd really like to keep it that way.

Carry on with your day you fine people. :)

Juan's To Do List:

1- Compile and concise 'Posting Rule and Guidelines' and post.

2- Delete agreed-upon unnecessary threads

3- Issue warnings and/or bans as necessary to identified troublemakers & trolls

4- Ban everyone on this board

5- Shut down VC for good

Yeah...that seems 'bout right.

;)

I like this thread. I like cats. I like cat gifs, but I don't like getting a PM about getting using the "hammer of justice" if I don't cool it with the reaction gifs.

I as one also feel that IF one we're to get said PM and then further inquire about which posts we're reported that a copy of that should be sent to you as well.

That seems reasonable, a link to the post(s) you were reported for.

Juan's To Do List:

5- Shut down VC for good

;)

SHUT DOWN THE WOOORRRRLLDDDDD.

You could also say that all the talk of the morality of pressing a release without the band's go-ahead also derailed that thread. There was plenty of talk in that thread about ETR as a label, and their past releases and dealings with bands etc which was off-topic from that thread which was supposed to be JUST about the Cartel - Chroma pressing. You can get really nit picky about what 'derails' a topic.

Juan's To Do List:

5- Shut down VC for good

;)

I dare you to follow through.

You could also say that all the talk of the morality of pressing a release without the band's go-ahead also derailed that thread. There was plenty of talk in that thread about ETR as a label, and their past releases and dealings with bands etc which was off-topic from that thread which was supposed to be JUST about the Cartel - Chroma pressing. You can get really nit picky about what 'derails' a topic.

Maybe, but I feel like that kind of fit in that thread, people were still discussing the topic (Cartel and ETR) and the record in general. Wrestling photos had no connection to the subject at hand. 

Another edit: I still don't know who Hulk Hogan or Ultimate Warrior were.

I AM THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR, YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR. EVERY MAN, WOMAN AND CHILD THAT HAVE WALKED THE EARTH ARE THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR. THE AIR, THE WIND, THE WATER, ALL THE ANIMALS THAT LIVE AND BREATHE ARE THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR!