bubble mailers...

I just tape a shipping label right on to the sleeve and send it out. Why bother with buying a box or mailer?

I mean you know the USPS carefully handles every package without throwing it around at all. Amazon has sent records out in no box with just a label on the jacket before lol 

I mean my mail dude is pretty nice and certainly handles with care, but Mr. Tossy McPackagesorter doesn't give two shits about you parcel. I would wipe my ass with the bubble mailer and send it back. Keep the record of course. Include a note that says "Hey shit head, here's some shit to go with your shitty mailing decisions. P.S. Our friendship is OVER!"

One time I got a record I bought for 20 bucks inside of a bubble mailer, which was inside a regular cardboard mailer, which was inside a giant box filled to the brim with packing peanuts. I had mixed feelings about it. But they definitely made sure no damage would be done so that was nice.

Somebody bought the Thrice Anthology live set from Amazon and got it this way.

that was me. best thing though: except for a verrrry small tear on one corner of the shrink wrap the whole thing came pretty much undamaged (note: from the us to germany!). amazon got a very angry mail and i received a full refund, haha.

Buying records through Amazon has come with its fair share of entertainment. For instance, about a year and a half ago I bought a record and a book (because, back then, free shipping for us non-Prime members was only at $25) and it came shipped in a cardboard box literally the size of something a microwave would be shipped in, filled a third of the way up with packing peanuts, and the record and the book were sitting in the bottom corner two sides bare to the cardboard.

I don't know a whole lot about shipping from the EU, but it would certainly seem that they have much more packing materials available to them than we do Stateside. Minus bubble mailers - which I don't really consider a shipping option at all - I think I've received about five different shipments from over there in five entirely different boxes, all of them seemingly designed to ship records. And yet it still seems 50% of the time I'm receiving something packed in a bubble mailer.

As long as you use two thick pieces of cardboard and make sure to tape up the sides so that the record can't pop out, I think this is one of the best/most secure ways to send a single 7". I like to send mine with the record on the outside of the sleeve, inside of a clear plastic outer sleeve, to make sure the record doesn't pop out and the tape doesn't stick to the record itself.

I too have received a 7" without any cardboard before, and it sucks. I've also had a mailman bend it to fit inside of a small postbox before, and that also sucks. Make sure to put "DO NOT BEND" and have them stamp "FRAGILE" on there if you can, and be nice to your mailman/lady. If Seinfeld taught me anything, it's to never piss off the mailman.