PO: Thrice Vheissu and TAITA represses

Should be getting this tomorrow if they really are located in Glendale, CA. I am very happy to get this version as I really am not a fan of the HT press of this. I had the 1st press when it came out but traded it for an original Devil and God a couple years ago and I am happy to have this (or at least a version of it) again.

Got shipping confirmation but apparently it won't get here until Friday. WTFUSPS? I could have gone and picked this up and been home spinning it a half hour later.

Wow talk about luck. Just so happened to be on eBay and see some Beggars splatter that looked like bullshit, came here to see if it was legit and come to find the Vheissu repress. I bought yellow cause I'm over the white and clear vinyl.

Speaking of which, is this Beggars vinyl legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thrice-Beggars-Blue-Splatter-Vinyl-12-LP-SEALED-Mint-Vheissu-Alchemy-Major-/261520743110?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3ce3d9dac6

Wow talk about luck. Just so happened to be on eBay and see some Beggars splatter that looked like bullshit, came here to see if it was legit and come to find the Vheissu repress. I bought yellow cause I'm over the white and clear vinyl.

Speaking of which, is this Beggars vinyl legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thrice-Beggars-Blue-Splatter-Vinyl-12-LP-SEALED-Mint-Vheissu-Alchemy-Major-/261520743110?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3ce3d9dac6

Yeah Beggars got repressed 

500 blue splatter

500 red splatter

Sorry but you are Incorrect!! I know that 90% of people were betting on it being a bootleg copy but I am very happy it is not. Also I am happy in hopes that the quality is better than the Hot topic version. Next in line for represses is the ALCHEMY INDEX!! I hope at least

I actually emailed vagrant about TAI and cobraside and both flat out seemed uninterested by the idea of a repress. :( vagrants words were "we feel a repress would cheap the quality of the original release".. But who knows? I really hope a repres happens. By far my favorite collection of thrice songs.

This is a ridiculous reason not to re-press an album. Why not print more of the same quality?

Because they still have some copies left which they "will find" in their warehouse sooner or later.

keep an eye on their ebay account. "we want to raise some money for future releases of bands no one gives a sh** about."

This is a ridiculous reason not to re-press an album. Why not print more of the same quality?

Right?? I mainly just asked if they felt a repress would ever happen and f there was any way they would do a 2x12" or even just the 4x10" again. Just found the email and this is what vagrant replied with..

"We have no intentions of repressing that one. The 4 x 10" book was too special of a piece to recreate and doing something cheaper and more simple isn't of interest. We feel it would cheapen the quality of the initial pressing."

I think they mean it will take away from the uniqueness of the format with the book of 4 x 10. However if they pressed it in a complete normal fashion as a 2x12, then they would not take away the uniqueness of the original format. it would be looked at as completely separate. People would then probably want the 4x10 book, and also the 2x12 version. Its different then a exact repress of the same colors, because then people will buy the new color and say "eh i don't need the first pressing because i got the new one." That is how they mean take away from the rarity and quality.