PO: Thrice Vheissu and TAITA represses

I dunno their early stuff isn't THAT good.

For the time period and how old they were, I would say it was good. But I was 14 at the time so what do I know. Plus, I'm going to be extra defensive about this band because they are my favorite band of all time. I can't help it.  :ph34r:

Guest Secular Haze

Remaining:

190 Clear

53 Yellow

461 White

Gah, I'm still on the fence!

Note: beginning inventory on White was 500 units.

Inb4 never-ending "debate" of EarlyThriceAlbums>LaterThriceAlbums and vice versa in some sort of order.

Also saying this as one of my favorite bands. Some people just have their preferences to their style of music over a span of years. No idea why some will argue to death over which albums are definitively "better". 

(Also, picked up a clear copy.)

I find I enjoy their discography as a whole, but for different reasons. I suppose it also helps when you grow up with a band who's sound "grows up" as well. I still jam Illusion of Safety just as much as Beggars or Major/Minor and enjoy them just the same, just for different reasons. At this point its also really cool to listen to their progression. I do the same with Cave In too.

Hold up. Do you mean that double LPs aren't supposed to be $30 a pop?

No, he's talking about the people who mentioned they were weary because the word "lathe" was mentioned in the product description.  I really don't understand the comment he made though.  You don't have to know the details on how a cow is slaughtered in order to enjoy a cheeseburger.....

Before we start going nuts on the pricing, keep in mind this is a small label and the licensing cost is probably pretty high, yes it sucks paying a lot for records, but I'd rather deal with it and help support a small label, and get one of my favorite albums.   What I am not down with is Universal charging $65 out of the gate for albums like Soundgarden Superunknown, or Alice in Chains the Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. 

Guest Secular Haze

I think what is most surprising is that the white has been the bestseller so far even though it is the least limited of the bunch.

Only 500 copies of white were put up.

I find I enjoy their discography as a whole, but for different reasons. I suppose it also helps when you grow up with a band who's sound "grows up" as well. I still jam Illusion of Safety just as much as Beggars or Major/Minor and enjoy them just the same, just for different reasons. At this point its also really cool to listen to their progression. I do the same with Cave In too.

Oh man. So I went to this show in like, spring of 1999 I think? It was a small show at a town community center or something in Foxborough, MA. My friend's band was playing, and one or two other small local bands, but also Cave In and Converge. We get there, random band finishes their last song, my friend's band sets up and plays and is awesome, then Converge plays and tears the place up. Awesome show.

Then Cave In starts playing, and this is well before Jupiter came out, and I don't know much about Cave In at the time except that they're a metal band, sort of in the same realm Converge or whatever. Anyway, they come out and start playing and their whole set is all space rocked out, and this has to be one of the very first shows where they're trying out what had to have become Jupiter, if not the first, and kids at that show were losing their shit, being all like "what the fuck is this Pink Floyd shit". Cave In is up there playing toy ray guns into their guitars through delay pedals and the whole crowd had no idea what the fuck to make of it.

Me, I thought it was pretty cool. I mean I knew very little of Cave In at the time and what they were doing definitely didn't fit my mental image of them, but it was this cool, heavy space rock. But the reactions of the kids at that show were so hilarious. That show was one of my top 5 most entertaining moments. It just cracked me up. I laugh about it to this day. But I mean it's 2014 and you still hear people moaning about how old Cave In was the real Cave In and that Jupiter/Antenna period was when they became pussies and it's not even real music or whatever.

Anyway, for me, TAITA is when Thrice started to really find their unique voice as a band. I appreciate the first two records, but I discovered them when Vheissu came out, and from my perspective those records just sound a band with some good ideas that hasn't figured out how to craft those ideas yet. There's some good moments and songs, but I rarely if ever listen to the whole albums, whereas something like Vheissu or The Alchemy Index feels like a complete work.