Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

abovetheearth \ alligatordogtaco (great names by the way):  

I would say of the recommendations I posted, Yumi Zouma is the best of the bunch in terms of being my ideal example of great Dream Pop; its catchy, has that hazy\spacey sound filled with 80s nostalgia and clocks in under 4 and a half minutes.  My guess is if that does not float your boat then the genre may not be for you which is cool.  Different strokes for different folks.  

Pure Bathing Culture - Moon Tides

artworks-000052601367-jo075u-t500x500.jp

Pure Bathing Culture are a duo who's music epitomize the Dream Pop sound.  Their 2013 album "Moon Tides" is easily my favourite Dream Pop full length of the past three years.  The lead off track and single "Pendulum" basically sets the tone for the entire album and the band do not stray too far from that sound.  Acoustic and clean reverbed electric guitars are the primary instrumentation with fairly simple beats anchoring the sound in the background. While there is the odd synth sound through a lot of tracks, it does not envelope the sound unlike many in the genre.  The key element is definitely Sarah Versprille's vocals which are front and center in the mix and really carry all of the songs on the album.  

You can purchase Moon Tides and pre-order their new album "Pray for Rain" here:  http://shop.partisanrecords.com/products/buy-moon-tides-by-pure-bathing-culture-cd-lp

Check out my favourite song on the album "Dream the Dare" below:

Really like that song, amazing video as well.  Will definitely be checking out some more of their stuff.

Edit: here's the new single:

https://soundcloud.com/purebathingculture/pray-for-rain

Yeah I love the new single even if it is not as dreamy as their older stuff.  The band has said that it is "more organic" and the songs are not treated with many effects after the fact so it will be interesting to hear the direction of where they go.  I think I am going to preorder the album and tshirt they have up as a bundle.  More details are here for those interested:  http://shop.partisanrecords.com/products/pray-for-rain-lp-t-shirt-bundle

Tender Age from Portland have a new 7" coming out. They straddle that line between Slowdive and Ride. And it's so fuckin' good. 

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/tender-age-to-release-new-7-ep-get-high-and-premiere-video-for-it

Your description nailed it. Definitely in between Ride and Slowdive vibes. Thanks for sharing!

I would say of the recommendations I posted, Yumi Zouma is the best of the bunch in terms of being my ideal example of great Dream Pop; its catchy, has that hazy\spacey sound filled with 80s nostalgia and clocks in under 4 and a half minutes.  My guess is if that does not float your boat then the genre may not be for you which is cool.  Different strokes for different folks.  

Going to give them a listen tomorrow!  I appreciate the recommendation!

Last copy of the first Tender Age 7" at their bandcamp. Someone jump on it quick!

Tenderage.bandcamp.com

I ordered it from the band almost at the beginning of August and have yet to receive it. The band did apologize profusely as they ran out of copies and had to get more from the label and that took a while. I should have it in by Tuesday or so. 

Just ordered when it said "2 remaining"..why I posted above..went back to their bandcamp and it said "3 remaining"... hmmm...also just found that you can still order from Track and Field Records for $4 less..I always hate when that's the case..although I am directly supporting the band (I hope) this way.