Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

Haha get this - so I go to FB to post about KEEP and ask why my son's roommate hasn't told me about these guys and tell him to check them out -- is friends with them AND they have opened for his solo, eclectic music performances at house shows in the eastern VA scene. Small world.

Great music - one of top ten of the year easy.

This new cheatahs album is a departure from the first 2 eps and lp but continues with a sound that was on the last 2 eps. It was weird at first but I really li k e what they are doing

I'm warming up. I usually reserve final judgment on initial disappoinments to 10 listens. Just have to erase the brain and approach them afresh, as a new band psychologically. 

Sad news from the FADE camp:

For anyone that may not know, our original bass player Morgan was stabbed to death last Saturday whilst on a night out with friends.

Morgan had played bass on all Fade recordings including the One With Serenity & Identity EP's before deciding to leave the band. He was an incredibly talented musician and hilarious person to be around and a one of a kind brother that all that knew him will sorely miss.

https://www.facebook.com/fadeeband/photos/a.169225139931925.1073741828.166002256920880/462406993947070/?type=3&theater

Nothing with Creepoid and Converge on the same bill,

mind-blown2.gif

I saw Creepoid with Marriages and they were amazing. Best show of 2015 for me. And I saw Diiv the other day.

Love when Anna plays bass on the floor.

And...Nick will have to comeback with a new band or project. I'm pretty sure Whirr doesn't survive this mess.

I personally think that Whirr will rebound.

Now that this whole Whirr vs. G.L.O.S.S. debacle is long in the rear view mirror, have people come to terms that outside of their message and all, G.L.O.S.S. are a pretty shitty & generic-sounding hardcore band?

I personally think that Whirr will rebound.

Now that this whole Whirr vs. G.L.O.S.S. debacle is long in the rear view mirror, have people come to terms that outside of their message and all, G.L.O.S.S. are a pretty shitty & generic-sounding hardcore band?

I respect and encourage their message, but yea I've heard a lot better bands.

edit: then again, hardcore isn't meant to break boundaries on sound but whatever, to each their own

Kindling return with a new 12" titled "Galaxies" on No Idea.

4 songs, like 12-ish minutes.  Blue or Green or Blue or mixed colored vinyl.  550 copies.  $10 on either site.

bandcamp order page: https://kndlng.bandcamp.com/

No Idea order page: http://store.noidearecords.com/collections/new-on-no-idea/products/kindling-galaxies

Also, there first 7", "Spike & Wave" is limited to 300 copies on Lavender colored vinyl, and the band is sold out. 

Seems like No Idea have some copies still though: http://store.noidearecords.com/products/kindling-spike-wave

Finally, there is a limited cassette of "Spike & Wave", again the band is sold out, but some copies remain here: https://mirroruniversetapes.bandcamp.com/album/mu51-spike-wave

And no, I'm not in the band, just really into them and didn't know about the 12" or cassette until like four minutes ago, and I'm kinda excited.

I have a Saint Marie Records 25% off coupon code good through Nov. 30

if any regular poster on this thread has been saving up an order, PM me for the one-time code.

No lurkers please, and I will edit when it has been claimed. (awaiting deluge of PMs haha)

I wish my secret shine would ship from darla. Placed order 2 days before the street date because they said it was ready to ship. It's been delayed since and I have other great records being held up

I wish my secret shine would ship from darla. Placed order 2 days before the street date because they said it was ready to ship. It's been delayed since and I have other great records being held up

I got my Secret Shine from the Pledge yesterday - beautiful swirl and a TP.

I ordered a Black from Darla since I had order in already and it was only $17 and change. Got a shipping notification from them last week, but the shipping information was for another customer! No answer from James yet who usually answers right away???

Got a shipping notification from them last week, but the shipping information was for another customer! No answer from James yet who usually answers right away???

Same happened to me. It's just the way their system (stamps.com, ugh) is setup.

The print multiple labels at once and sometimes everyone gets more than their label info.

Must've been a hiccup.

Same happened to me. It's just the way their system (stamps.com, ugh) is setup.

The print multiple labels at once and sometimes everyone gets more than their label info.

Must've been a hiccup.

Will post when my package gets here then!

edit:  On the fence about the Ride Nowhere 25, since Darla's price is better than the original $75 shipped from UK, down to <$40ppd, I just don't know if I need that extra disc.