Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

Will post when my package gets here then!

edit:  On the fence about the Ride Nowhere 25, since Darla's price is better than the original $75 shipped from UK, down to <$40ppd, I just don't know if I need that extra disc.

I'm the same. I also have the Today Forever EP. Don't really know if it's worth it.

That being said, I'm week

Came across this band via a promo email for the reissue of their 2011 LP. 

Pink Frost: "Chicago heavy shoegaze band merges 90s Smashing Pumpkins style hooks w/ Deerhunter, Beach House haze."

They have a very laid-back approach to shoegaze and slightly noise pop. Their Sundowning LP from 2013 is pretty awesome. Listen below. 

https://pinkfrost.bandcamp.com/album/sundowning

And they have plenty of vinyl available directly from them. 

I personally think that Whirr will rebound.

Now that this whole Whirr vs. G.L.O.S.S. debacle is long in the rear view mirror, have people come to terms that outside of their message and all, G.L.O.S.S. are a pretty shitty & generic-sounding hardcore band?

I think you are way wrong - I think that GLOSS ep is pure punk expression. Raw and why the genre can be relevant forever. It can be sloppy as shit but it rips. I'm with Albini on this one 100% if we have to compare the two bands.

I came in here to look for discussion on that Lush collection. Anyone order it? I am hard pressed to keep paying these prices but man I love Lush. 

For those interested, the new LSD and the Search for God EP FINALLY has a release date for 1/15/16. Probably going to put a pre-order link up on Wed.

It's up y'all :)  200 Blue and 300 Black

http://deepspacerecordings.storenvy.com/products/15196245-lsd-and-the-search-for-god-heaven-is-a-place-ep-12

• 2 weeks later...

Has everyone checked out Sheer yet? Newest signing on my label. Debut album "Uneasy" is out next month.

More info: bit.ly/sheeruneasy

I bought the tape not knowing what to expect. This is really good stuff - don't let "Uneasy" sway you. It's positioned last on the album. It's not a bad track by any means, but I would encourage one listen all the way through. And whoever said the vocals were 'too clean' on "Uneasy" I'm still not sure what that means? except maybe touched up/overproduced or something like that?

I bought the tape not knowing what to expect. This is really good stuff - don't let "Uneasy" sway you. It's positioned last on the album. It's not a bad track by any means, but I would encourage one listen all the way through. And whoever said the vocals were 'too clean' on "Uneasy" I'm still not sure what that means? except maybe touched up/overproduced or something like that?

(it was me)

I just wish they had some reverb on them, or were fuzzed up a little. Either that or drop them a little lower in the mix so she's not as "on top" of the music. I like super fuzzy shoegaze, with vocals that are kind of buried in one way or another.

Edit: Listening to "Monochrome" and digging it much more than "Uneasy".

I got a chance to listen to the tape over the weekend and enjoyed the hell out of it.

gotdamn. I would totally buy a 10 LP box set with this tracklisting.

(it was me)

I just wish they had some reverb on them, or were fuzzed up a little. Either that or drop them a little lower in the mix so she's not as "on top" of the music. I like super fuzzy shoegaze, with vocals that are kind of buried in one way or another.

Edit: Listening to "Monochrome" and digging it much more than "Uneasy".

Yes, agreed her vocals on "Uneasy" are really up front vs. 'typical' -gaze music we all love here.