Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

Orion and Heavenly are amazing tracks. Really enjoy that Sheer album, and wish it was on vinyl and not a stupid cassette.

Also wish it was available on vinyl. Still a relatively new label i think? ,so maybe if they get some positive feedback on this one, they might lay out $$ for a 12", since i think they have only done 7's so far.

I need more 12" full length shoegaze.

No kidding!  Seems like most of what I've gotten lately has been either a 7" or a short CS.

There have been quite a few EPs and singles this year with some great stuff (PSUB, Keep, Flyying Colours, etc), but I thought there were quite a few LP's, too.

Turns out alot of them are "new to me" -- but not 2015 (ex: Secret Shine - Untouched RP and I'm still looking for that EP for less than a kidney!, Guitaro - Futura Black: Vince sent me 2 copies due to the delay - he says he is taking it down because he doesn't check very often so order now and shoot him an email!! Scott Cortez projects, Airiel: Winks And Kisses 3xLP, Cheatahs...the list is wondrously long but my wallet hurts).

2015 I'm still loving and digesting:

Presents For Sally

Static Daydream

No Joy

Ringo Deathstarr  (Pure Mood) -- Charlie, you need to listen to tracks 1, 3 and 5 at least, brother!  If Alex's vocals don't melt you, you're made of stone! ;)

Cheatahs - I'm slowly warming up to this, basically having to imagine another band wrote it. 

that's off the top of my head...

There have been quite a few EPs and singles this year with some great stuff (PSUB, Keep, Flyying Colours, etc), but I thought there were quite a few LP's, too.

Turns out alot of them are "new to me" -- but not 2015 (ex: Secret Shine - Untouched RP and I'm still looking for that EP for less than a kidney!, Guitaro - Futura Black: Vince sent me 2 copies due to the delay - he says he is taking it down because he doesn't check very often so order now and shoot him an email!! Scott Cortez projects, Airiel: Winks And Kisses 3xLP, Cheatahs...the list is wondrously long but my wallet hurts).

2015 I'm still loving and digesting:

Presents For Sally

Static Daydream

No Joy

Ringo Deathstarr  (Pure Mood) -- Charlie, you need to listen to tracks 1, 3 and 5 at least, brother!  If Alex's vocals don't melt you, you're made of stone! ;)

Cheatahs - I'm slowly warming up to this, basically having to imagine another band wrote it. 

that's off the top of my head...

Great list

There are also a bunch newcomers that I thoroughly enjoyed this year...

Sheer - Uneasy

Mumrunner - Full Blossom

Beliefs - Leaper

Deafcult - S/T

Infinity Girl - Harm

Dream Suicides 

Great list

There are also a bunch newcomers that I thoroughly enjoyed this year...

Sheer - Uneasy

Mumrunner - Full Blossom

Beliefs - Leaper

Deafcult - S/T

Infinity Girl - Harm

Dream Suicides 

I need to check those middle 4

Sheer was a nice surprise and Dream Suicides was different than I had expected - need to revisit

I missed a handful of these, looks like it's time to catch up!  Keep trying to get into that No Joy record and I don't think it's for me.  It's not bad, I just don't find it that interesting.

I got all their early stuff with that hazy psychedelic sound up to Ghost Blonde, and thought they shifted some at Wait To Pleasure.

I felt like they were prepping everyone for a major paradigm shift with More Faithful, going to Costa Rica to write and all, but I could see most of these songs right after Hare Tarot Lies. Definitely more pop feel than -gaze, but I was happy with the preorder.  Cheetahs is the one that really boinked me.

From this year, I'd probably put The Black Lamps and Them Are Us Too in my top 10 for the year. 

Dang, Forgot that one, Charlie sent me the CD as well. Good stuff, still reminds me of Torq with Stars indie rock/pop from Canada. Good stuff.   I'm running out of room and had it in and out of my cart at Deep Space when the LSD album dropped a couple weeks ago.  My wife actually liked it when I was playing it more often a few months ago. 

I'm trying to stick by my new mantra, "If it doesn't get you stoked as a kid on Christmas morning, don't get the physical" because there's only so much space and so many hours in a day to spin wax -- vs. listening to digital at work, like I am right now, procrastinating obamacare paperwork.

have a nice weekend y'all and keep the recommendations and posting your AOTY contenders.

Bloom

BLOOM is a rock band from San Antonio, TX. This single is jam packed with jammy psychedelic guitar soaked in reverb. These songs are likely to please fans of Creation Records and other 90s rock while still standing on it's own two feet.

Get their Rise 7" EP from Photobooth Records: http://www.photoboothrecords.bigcartel.com/product/bloom-rise-7

Bloom

BLOOM is a rock band from San Antonio, TX. This single is jam packed with jammy psychedelic guitar soaked in reverb. These songs are likely to please fans of Creation Records and other 90s rock while still standing on it's own two feet.

Get their Rise 7" EP from Photobooth Records: http://www.photoboothrecords.bigcartel.com/product/bloom-rise-7

I was just coming in here to post this.

And it's folks from Power Trip!

http://store.clubac30.com/products/564556-pinkshinyultrablast-grandfeathered

ugh I wish they would press their records with American labels

I bet Shelflife will get some.  I ordered anyway.  Snagged both variants and the 7" since I was already paying for international shipping.

http://store.clubac30.com/products/564556-pinkshinyultrablast-grandfeathered

ugh I wish they would press their records with American labels

No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get into Everything Else Matters.  I thought Happy Sounds was excellent and wish they stuck closer to that sound.

will wait for another killer deal from Amazon UK or Norman records.

with 500 of each variant, I'm going to hold out as well. Lower pressing numbers and I'd feel compelled to jump. Passing on the 7" since my box is full and I only spin a handful regularly. I liked the single on the first pass though. I'm glad they didn't make it a 10" or I might be tempted if going through Norman.

Anyone buy their tickets to Austin Psych Fest?

Last year kind of brought a weird due to heavy rains prior to the fest and some of the crowd due to some bands(Tame, Flaming Lips). 2014 was one of the best music experiences I ever had

2016 is a killer lineup with more additions in Feb and I think will not bring in the type of crowds last year did(or at least I hope)

Tickets bought yesterday

with 500 of each variant, I'm going to hold out as well. Lower pressing numbers and I'd feel compelled to jump. Passing on the 7" since my box is full and I only spin a handful regularly. I liked the single on the first pass though. I'm glad they didn't make it a 10" or I might be tempted if going through Norman.

I thought about this, but given EEM sold out of three pressings I decided not to risk it.