Preorder: Guardians of the Galaxy - Soundtrack

From modern vinyl:

Through the film’s webstore, you can now pre-order the Guardians of The Galaxy double vinyl set, along with a customized poster. The poster is pretty cool looking and includes the names of all who purchased the bundle.

You have to order by noon on September 1st to get your name on the poster and items will ship out on or around September 16th. Just the vinyl is available through Amazon.

http://www.myplaydirect.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy?utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=LS-5Ld/8YfXdbk&utm_campaign=LSOFFER-205352&utm_content=LSCR-10-1&cid=LSOFFER-205352&siteID=5Ld%2F8YfXdbk-yg4voQmBm5aHOKpRqyP8sg

DISC ONE – SIDE A

1. Hooked on a Feeling / Blue Swede

2. Go All the Way / Raspberries

3. Spirit in the Sky  / Norman Greenbaum  - Not featured in film

4. Moonage Daydream / David Bowie

5. Fooled Around and Fell in Love / Elvin Bishop

6. I Want You Back / Jackson 5

DISC ONE – SIDE B

7. I’m Not in Love / 10cc

8. Come and Get Your Love / Redbone

9. Cherry Bomb / The Runaways

10. Escape (The Piña Colada Song) / Rupert Holmes

11. O-O-H Child / The Five Stairsteps

12. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough / Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

DISC TWO – SIDE A

1. The Final Battle Begins / Tyler Bates

2. Morag / Tyler Bates

3. Everyone’s an Idiot / Tyler Bates

4. What a Bunch of A-Holes / Tyler Bates

5. Sacrifice / Tyler Bates

6. The New Meat / Tyler Bates

7. The Pod Chase / Tyler Bates

8. Don’t Mess With My Walkman / Tyler Bates

9. Losers (Bonus Track) / Tyler Bates

DISC TWO – SIDE B

10. The Ballad of the Nova Corps. (Instrumental) / Tyler Bates

11. The Kyln Escape / Tyler Bates

12. Groot Spores / Tyler Bates

13. Guardians United / Tyler Bates

14. The Big Blast / Tyler Bates

15. Black Tears / Tyler Bates

16. A Nova Upgrade / Tyler Bates

That's cool, I might just cancel my Amazon order. 

I know it will sound better, but I'm a little disappointed it looks like they shortened the score for vinyl. I was hoping they could fit the entire GotG score on 1LP like Warner Bros. did with Tyler Bates' score for Watchmen. If they had to cut tracks I think I would have preferred two separate distinct releases: 1LP Various Soundtrack and a 2LP Score. 

Oh well. 

That's cool, I might just cancel my Amazon order. 

I know it will sound better, but I'm a little disappointed it looks like they shortened the score for vinyl. I was hoping they could fit the entire GotG score on 1LP like Warner Bros. did with Tyler Bates' score for Watchmen. If they had to cut tracks I think I would have preferred two separate distinct releases: 1LP Various Soundtrack and a 2LP Score. 

Oh well. 

Not a fan that they shortened it. Just feels off now. I was planning on picking this up too.

Bear in mind I may be full of shit... just because there are less tracks does not actually mean there is less music, the track names are also slightly different, they may have simply amalgamated several shorter tracks into fuller pieces.  Which is a common practice with scores.

Bear in mind I may be full of shit... just because there are less tracks does not actually mean there is less music, the track names are also slightly different, they may have simply amalgamated several shorter tracks into fuller pieces.  Which is a common practice with scores.

Tracks names are same as on CD, you cant fit 1 hour of music on 1xLP

As I had predicted, there was no feasible way for them to fit the entire Tyler Bates score on 2 sides of a LP based on how long it was (based on CD times).  So what is missing on the LP versus the CD?

There were 29 tracks on the Tyler Bates' CD score and only 16 tracks for the vinyl version.  Missing are the following songs:

Plasma Ball  1:18

Quill's Big Retreat 1:38

To The Stars 2:52

Ronan's Theme 2:24

Busted 1:34

The Destroyer 1:27  

Sanctuary 2:26          

The Great Companion 0:51    

The Road To Knowhere 0:37          

The Collector 3:20          

Ronan's Arrival 0:56        

We All Got Dead People 1:46        

Groot Cocoon 2:29  

Citizens Unite 1:15 

The vinyl however, does have an exclusive bonus track, not found on the CD with the track Losers.

Either way, both are cool.  It would be nice if the 2LP came with a DL Card to get the remaining missing tracks, for those who only purchase the vinyl.

• 3 weeks later...