Pomades

This topic intrigues me. I feel like we need photo comparisons of your pomade doos. Jussayin'. Carry on.

hurr1.jpg

Just got my haircut on Saturday. Normally i have a part where its saved all the way up but i got a wild hair up my butt to see how it was without it cause i hate dealing w/ the little flyaways and getting the part perfect.

Not sure how much i like it yet, think next time im gonna have him shave the other side all the way up so its even, i think thats whats throwing me off. But i don't wanna end up looking like a Macklemore wannabe.

hurr1.jpg

Just got my haircut on Saturday. Normally i have a part where its saved all the way up but i got a wild hair up my butt to see how it was without it cause i hate dealing w/ the little flyaways and getting the part perfect.

Not sure how much i like it yet, think next time im gonna have him shave the other side all the way up so its even, i think thats whats throwing me off. But i don't wanna end up looking like a Macklemore wannabe.

Shhhhh. It is ok. You do not look like a Macklemore wannabe. You just look pretty badass.

One of my favorite quotes of all time.. My dad and I refer to anywhere strange as a geographical oddity.

Myself, my father, and my grandfather are big fans of this movie, for whatever reason... Big family gatherings turn into quote-fests without fail.  All of our other relatives hate when we get drunk enough to start quoting O Brother from beginning to end.

Plus, we're one of those Senior, Junior, III, trios. It's comical.

The references...

Love it.

I've always thought about using pomade, but never really done it. Will probably give a couple of these a shot and see how it goes.

ALSO, am I the only one that still appreciates how people dressed back in the '40s/'50s? Well, I know many do, but I've also wanted to go and just buy the styles from back then.

SO CLASSY, I LOVE IT.

After using both layrite and suavecito I gotta give it to layrite. The hold is better because it doesn't harden up but still keeps my hair in place. Also the smell is great, suavecito gets old kinda fast IMO.

I'm gonna purchase some anchors hair co teddy boy OG. It's supposed to give you a wet look but hold really well, which is what I go for. That and their matte wax is nice as well. Will report back.

I'm currently using some American Crew stuff because I got it super cheap. It holds fine with a good shine, but I typically add a little hairspray to get the sides perfect. Some cat I know suggested Bona Fide to me recently. I think I'm gonna move onto that next. Anybody give this one a go and not like it?

Also, this is probably the best place to ask this without starting a new thread. Anybody know of a good throwback-type barbershop in Michigan that specializes in cutting hair with a pomp?

• 3 weeks later...

Ive also used Shiners Gold but didnt really like it, mainly cause of the coconut scent.

http://www.uppercutdeluxe.com/

Ya, it took me awhile to get used to the smell but eventually it grew on me. I just bought Shiner's new psycho hold, and it has the same scent. Sadly, It has just a little bit more hold then the regular gold. A bit heavy on the hair as well.