OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

You've got first dibs then.

Very nice of you man, thanks. I'm surprised to read all of the ways you guys choose to try and keep your records safe during the show, do none of your venues let you get a stamp and then re enter? Whenever I wanted merch (poster or a vinyl), I try to get in early, head back to my car to stash it, and then go enjoy the show. I know sometimes this isn't possible at larger venues though.

Very nice of you man, thanks. I'm surprised to read all of the ways you guys choose to try and keep your records safe during the show, do none of your venues let you get a stamp and then re enter? Whenever I wanted merch (poster or a vinyl), I try to get in early, head back to my car to stash it, and then go enjoy the show. I know sometimes this isn't possible at larger venues though.

A lot of these bigger venues don't allow re-entry, which is stupid.  I used to be an asshole and go right to the barrier and spend the whole show in front, but i'm too old for that shit, so now I go to the balcony.

Hey no problem. I was going to try and use it to trade for a copy of sstb but I think I'm just going to sell it to someone who couldn't get one. Ie... you in this case lol.

I'm even more surprised that people won't just pony up for coat check. It was $5 at the HOB. I actually had a bag, but I could see a bunch of people had just asked to check their record.

James and I have talked about this on several occasions. The online community for Coheed fans used to be a really tight-knit family of friends. Now its a pissing competition. 

Bro, if you don't have the Keywork tattoo then don't even talk to me. 

I've often compared their fanbase (ahem, Cobalt & Calcium) to the likes of 14-year-old boy band fans. That's fine and all, but the world doesn't need another discussion on Claudio Sanchez's hair. 

Hey this might be another silly question but oh well. For the folks who are GA. HOW long does it take for them to get through the doors once they start letting people in (after they start letting in the gold and platinum people)? And how early should one get to the venue for GA if they have hopes of trying to get a tour variant

Hey this might be another silly question but oh well. For the folks who are GA. HOW long does it take for them to get through the doors once they start letting people in (after they start letting in the gold and platinum people)? And how early should one get to the venue for GA if they have hopes of trying to get a tour variant

GA was let in 30 mins after Gold in MB. Get there as early as possible.

A lot of these bigger venues don't allow re-entry, which is stupid. I used to be an asshole and go right to the barrier and spend the whole show in front, but i'm too old for that shit, so now I go to the balcony.

That is lame. Do they allow you to go out to smoke? You could always do a hand off while you go out to the smoking area.

That is lame. Do they allow you to go out to smoke? You could always do a hand off while you go out to the smoking area.

I used to smoke, but I quit earlier this year.  At the Orlando HOB, the smoking sections are connected to the venue, just outside, but it's not considered leaving.

I used to smoke, but I quit earlier this year. At the Orlando HOB, the smoking sections are connected to the venue, just outside, but it's not considered leaving.

I don't smoke either. At filmore silver spring just outside of DC the smoking area was outside. I had a friend that lived close walk down to the venue, handed him the LP, and he went on his way.

I hadn't seen Coheed live since 2004 when they actually still played only SSTB and IKS, but the fan base during this new tour was absurd. I didn't understand why 90% of the crowd needed to wear all of their Coheed gear to the show. When I was growing up it was a no-no to wear a band shirt at a show for said band. It was a given that if you went to the show you were a fan. Maybe I just don't get it, but I saw some people with a shirt, hoodie and snap-back all repping CoCa. Also, there was a college band playing covers outside that the crowd in line was singing along too. Cult, anyone?

I hadn't seen Coheed live since 2004 when they actually still played only SSTB and IKS, but the fan base during this new tour was absurd. I didn't understand why 90% of the crowd needed to wear all of their Coheed gear to the show. When I was growing up it was a no-no to wear a band shirt at a show for said band. It was a given that if you went to the show you were a fan. Maybe I just don't get it, but I saw some people with a shirt, hoodie and snap-back all repping CoCa. Also, there was a college band playing covers outside that the crowd in line was singing along too. Cult, anyone?

I hear that shit.

Yes. I was going to say this, but didn't in case I was just old or judgmental for thinking that when I used to go to shows it was looked down upon to wear the headlining band's merch.

There was one guy at the Boston show that had on green lace up boots, a military style vest with some sort of painted keywork with writing that said like "COTF Army" or something, a Coheed shirt, bandana and a dyed green mohawk. He obviously spent more time thinking about his outfit than I did haha. There was another dude too who had to tuck in his Coheed shirt just in the front, so you could see his huge keywork belt buckle.

It's a little over-the-top. But whatever floats your boat I guess. i don't need to prove my fandom to anyone, and if those people have to, then go for it.

My whole life it's been a "no-no" to wear a band's merch to their show, yet I see hundreds of people doing it at every show. I've heard the reasons for why not to, yet it obviously makes no sense. But I still stick to not wearing it, and look down on people that do.

My whole life it's been a "no-no" to wear a band's merch to their show, yet I see hundreds of people doing it at every show. I've heard the reasons for why not to, yet it obviously makes no sense. But I still stick to not wearing it, and look down on people that do.

I make it a goal to wear a shirt that is musically opposite from the band I am seeing. Also, to hopefully share the existence of different music to a crowdmember at the show. For example, I'll wear a D'angelo shirt at a grindcore show.