OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

Great show tonight. Setlist was solid. IKSSE:3 of course and the encore songs kicked ass. Always a pleasure to hear "Welcome Home".

Merch was cool. James and I snagged the tour vinyl with ease. I had the Platinum VIP so I had it easy. James had Gold and he booked it to the merch table as soon he got in. At least from what I saw and met up with him. The tour copies sold out maybe about 20 minutes after the Gold peeps got it.

They were $45 a pop. I asked the merch guy straight up in why the increase in price from previous nights. Was it a shift in merch percentage at venues or what? He told me they got jacked up on the shipping charges for the vinyl and merch so they had to adjust accordingly. He did confirm also that they're getting hit up for about 10% of merch sales per venue. So I guess that hasn't changed from my merch-dude days.

I didn't get one. Oh well. I even got a gold pass dude to try and buy me one lol but they were already sold out. Then my phone died so I didn't think I was going to get my $50 back. So, I was drunk as hell just sitting on the ground after the show and he randomly walks by and is like "oh...hey...sorry bro" and gives me back my money. So...I'm calling it a win haha if he couldn't get one for me I had no chance. I was on the balcony near the merch booth. Not a bad spot

So. How much is my vinylz worth now? It's sealed and mint, damnit!

DSCN4811.jpg

DSCN4812.jpg

;)

I have 2 questions for people that have this, those that have opened this, are you happy with the jacket design? Because, this looks to be done under the "Legacy" moniker and I have been disappointed in the past with their releases. And 2, is that a stickered barcode over an existing barcode? Maybe that is how it is known to be the "peach" variant. 

Going to this tour tonight and I'm stoked. I've got Platinum entry and was just wondering - do they do all the meet and greet stuff immediately? Just curious if I can grab a copy of this before everything starts, so I can get them to sign it for me.

It'll depend on where the merch stand is from where the m&g and pic op is. Best thing is to ask the guy lining people up once inside for it to see if ok to run to the merch to get something for the m&g.

But on the brightside I did finally get to see Sebadoh last night. Got a shirt and the band to sign my copy of Sebadoh III all for $20, cheaper than Coheed and they played an hour encore!

They got kicked off the stage because they played too long when they opened up for Dinosaur Jr in Portland a couple years ago, haha.

They had their girlfriends and what not buy the second copy probably. But I heard this excuse from two people. I offered to buy a copy off of them for a little more than what they paid. But instead they are taking two home for one to sit on the shelf unopened. There others walking around with two. But didn't get to asking them to sell I was just irritated at that point.

They were out tonight as well. A lot of tool bags buying multiples. And their explanation was they wanted one to keep sealed and the other to open.

Yeah...You know they were just saying that so you didn't punch them in the face when they said, "One is for me to open and listen to and one is to stay sealed so I can sell it for $200 on eBay."

You are a violentshark after all.

They were out tonight as well. A lot of tool bags buying multiples. And their explanation was they wanted one to keep sealed and the other to open.

Ya, I saw a dude at my date with two copies. I figured he was going to flip so I offered him $80 on the spot for one and he turned me down.

If anyone is going to an upcoming date and wouldn't mind grabbing a pair of the Coheed leggings for my wife, I'd really appreciate it. She passed and is regretting it. Just shoot me a PM. Thanks!

My date is on Sunday, I'll see what I can do!

I am so glad I get paid this week. It hurts to think of how much $$$ I'm spending on/at this show.