OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

2 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Awesome. Noticed after my post the Amazon listing is black and priced according. Thanks for the heads up. Easy choice. 

I'd be weary.  If that Amazon listing is for the 2014 US pressing on black there's a good chance it's going to sound horrible.  That's what I currently have and it's super tinny and loaded with sibilance.  From what I've read, the EU black vinyl pressing is solid.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

No problem. 👍

Not 100%, but 98% or so?  There's no US listings on Discogs at least.  Lots of reviews on the 2014 US listing are talking about a new cut / new press with some obvious giveaways on the packaging.  If it's not the EU press, it's a painless return.

I see.  The amazon details a little ways down the page makes me think it's 2014 US pressing, but those details are probably not always correct.  Let me know what you get because if it's the new EU pressing, i'll probably jump on it too.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

These colors are ass.  Is anyone going to put out a variant that makes sense?

Maybe it's just me but solid colors (even if it doesn't matches the artwork) over flashy splatters which end up underwhelming any day or night.

Edited by xfactor675

40 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

I see.  The amazon details a little ways down the page makes me think it's 2014 US pressing, but those details are probably not always correct.  Let me know what you get because if it's the new EU pressing, i'll probably jump on it too.

I just can't imagine them spontaneously finding and listing a shit-ton of 2014 stock, especially after Discogs reviews are flooding in to discuss a new press.  But I've been wrong before.  I think there are some pretty clear tells that it's a newer press without even opening the record up.  I'll know tomorrow and get back to you.

17 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Maybe it's just me but solid colors (even if it doesn't matches the artwork) over flashy splatters which end up underwhelming any day or night.

Oh yeah, I've been over splatters and zany variants for years now.  Huge sucker for "simple" monochrome variants.  But I still want them to make sense.  Orange to match the font.  "Blood Red Summer" red.  A translucent amber or cream to match the clouds.  Purple and green just ain't it.

Edited by Derek™

47 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Bought it in the last few weeks, what I received is the 2023 EU pressing (“Made in France” sticker on the back). I don’t have the 2014 pressing to compare - but this sounds pretty good.

25 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

Bought it in the last few weeks, what I received is the 2023 EU pressing (“Made in France” sticker on the back). I don’t have the 2014 pressing to compare - but this sounds pretty good.

that's what's up.  Thanks for the info, going to pull the trigger on it.

Not that it needs to be said since iDealélan already confirmed it himself, but mine showed up today.  Proper LP mailer inside of an oversized Amazon box.  (Phew.)  Quality jacket.  Big ol' hype sticker with "Vinyl Made in France" sticker on the back.

Personally, I'm probably gonna' keep this one sealed for at least a week or two, just to see what shakes out for other variants.  Something tells me that if the band or EVR have one, we'll see it announced soon.  But this is a great backup option if you ask me, especially at $25.  If a nicer variant gets released, I figure it wouldn't be hard to sell this one for $30 PPD... especially brand new / sealed.  And if nothing better comes along, I'll gladly be spinning this black copy over my 2014 tour press [which leaves a lot to be desired both sonically and visually].

Fingers crossed that someone somewhere decided on at least one half-decent idea for these 2023 variants. 🤞

I also received my copy from Amazon yesterday. Made in France.  Opened it up and listened this morning. Better than my 2014 US pressing but still has a noticeable amount of sibilance. Most notably at the end of Side B during the Backend of Forever.  Bummer but at least it's an improvement on the 2014 reissue. 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Sold out now, lasted longer than I thought. I guess they ultimately sold 3500 copies of a record that has been readily available on vinyl for awhile, but makes you wonder if $49 shipped for records is starting to put a dent in demand…

2 hours ago, jtmckrackles said:

I forgot to pull the trigger on that yesterday, just remembered and am very butthurt. Oh well. Amazon it is I guess.

I can sympathize with you here. Despite owning the peach tour variant and the grey online variant from the last pressing, I am also rather butthurt about not obtaining this variant as well.

On 10/7/2023 at 8:16 AM, jtmckrackles said:

I forgot to pull the trigger on that yesterday, just remembered and am very butthurt. Oh well. Amazon it is I guess.

On 10/7/2023 at 10:54 AM, kas1985 said:

I can sympathize with you here. Despite owning the peach tour variant and the grey online variant from the last pressing, I am also rather butthurt about not obtaining this variant as well.

It looks to be restocked at the moment.  I'd keep it hush before Reddit finds out, but if either of you are quick...