OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

Yikes man!! Did you enjoy the show at least?

Oh hell yes. Did the whole meet and greet (drunk). Then rushed my bag (with vinulz) to coatcheck [to clarify there was one for me and one for my buddy in the bag- unfortunately I couldn't score extras for people] , then rushed the stage and held my bladder for a few hours while singing along (pretty much directly) at Travis. I think I may have cracked a rib or two on the barrier with the roughly 1000 people pushing against me, but it was worth it! Thanks again for your ticket, even though we didn't need it! I'm just stoked that I didn't get the flu before the show. I don't care if I get it now though. Bring it on flu.

• Boston show ripped.

House of Blues mezzanine is horseshit.

There were surprisingly tour copies still available at the mezzanine merch table when I got there nowhere remotely near the front of the line, but once the option was in front of me, I balked at paying a second $40 when I already bought the gray one.

Still a pretty great show even though I had to contort my old man body to actually be able to see under the balcony overhang. My back and shoulders and weird muscles in my legs that I don't recognize are all killing me this morning. Who the fuck designed this place anyway? It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't oversell the mezzanine relative to how many people can actually see the stage from there, and weren't such fucking fascists about keeping people on the mezzanine. There was so much empty space on the floor. You could have fit everyone that was on the mezzanine in the empty space on the floor. Do not ever buy mezzanine tickets for the House of Blues. Fuck.

I was able to pick up a peach variant in Boston it looked they had a fair amount of them. They actually sold out of the Prize Fighter Inferno vinyl first.

I talked with Josh and Travis after the show and Travis was saying that they were all really ill and Claudio was twice as ill as him. Personally I thought they put on a killer show in Boston. Was anyone else there?

Cleveland show is in 2 days and I'm getting really excited for it the closer it gets.

Not sure if I want to try for a peach variant or not...decisions decisions..

Just buy it if you can. If you hate it or decide you don't want it, someone on here will happily pay you for it. I already have one and would buy it because I know people that want it. I highly encourage its purchase though. It sounds really nice.

I was able to pick up a peach variant in Boston it looked they had a fair amount of them. They actually sold out of the Prize Fighter Inferno vinyl first.

I talked with Josh and Travis after the show and Travis was saying that they were all really ill and Claudio was twice as ill as him. Personally I thought they put on a killer show in Boston. Was anyone else there?

I had platinum tickets for Boston and Claudio was coughing a bunch during the photo session. The rest of them seemed okay. Zach was quiet, Josh was chipper and talkative and Travis was joking and dancing around. It was just Claudio that seemed out of it.

They sounded great during the acoustic set too. Despite being sick they still nailed it.

Unrelated, but I feel like (most) Coheed fans are the absolute worst. Even when I was all about the band in high-school, I didn't take it to the obsessive level that the majority of the crowd took it. Waiting in line was pretty grueling; I got to listen to a group of nerds attempt to 1-up each other on the Amory Wars plot line, and also some pretentious fans insist Claudio is an idiot for using a screwdriver on his guitar in later recordings. ("It's such a nice guitar, and I'm just like... 'What are you DOING man?!' Like if you're going to do that, you don't even deserve to have it.") And of course there was bragging of band signatures, owning original copies of older albums – the usual stuff. Far be it from me to rain on anyone's parade or interfere with their enjoyment of the show, but I couldn't believe how many obnoxious neck-beards populate their fan base these days.

I will say that I quite enjoyed hearing one guy say "Tch, whatever. I'll just get one on eBay for cheap, son!" – in response to the tour press selling out a dozen spots before him in line.

After going, I completely agree with this. There was a guy that was standing next to me at a railing next to the bar that was talking to his friend in the same fashion that Derek described. As the night went on he got considerably more drunk, and in doing so, he was sloshing his drink all over his vinyl, which he had balanced on the wide railing. He kept leaning on the record and no doubt digging the edges of the rail into the vinyl. Made me cringe every time. The worst part was that he and his friend had walked away and when they did, a couple had stepped into the spot. Five minutes later, belligerent fanboy came back and shoved his way in front of the guy and girl. When they protested, he went on a rant how he wants 'his' spot back because he paid over $200 for his tickets and he claimed that spot early. He ended up moving halfway during Coheed's set anyway.

After going, I completely agree with this. There was a guy that was standing next to me at a railing next to the bar that was talking to his friend in the same fashion that Derek described. As the night went on he got considerably more drunk, and in doing so, he was sloshing his drink all over his vinyl, which he had balanced on the wide railing. He kept leaning on the record and no doubt digging the edges of the rail into the vinyl. Made me cringe every time. The worst part was that he and his friend had walked away and when they did, a couple had stepped into the spot. Five minutes later, belligerent fanboy came back and shoved his way in front of the guy and girl. When they protested, he went on a rant how he wants 'his' spot back because he paid over $200 for his tickets and he claimed that spot early. He ended up moving halfway during Coheed's set anyway.

Ugh.  Just ugh.

James and I have talked about this on several occasions. The online community for Coheed fans used to be a really tight-knit family of friends. Now its a pissing competition. 

This is the absolute truth.  I don't know where it diverged, but it's a scary place, and it never used to be.