PO: Yellowcard - Lift A Sail

The white looks so good.  Easily the prettiest record I own.

pics?

Not sure why there seems to be such a strong dislike for this one. I've been a yellowcard fan for a long time, own everything they have put out and I am loving this record. It's perhaps a bit slower than most of the other stuff they have done, but it still has great, sing along choruses, nice, heavy guitar riffs, and of course that violin. Sounds like yellowcard. Maybe It's just me.

Upon first listen I'm agreeing with you on this one. Still sounds pretty Yellowcardy to me haha

I gave up on variant collecting this album right away when I was unable to buy the Australian yellow.  It said no shipping to the U.S. where I tried to buy it.  Suppose I could've asked for help on here.  But, I didn't.  

I did get the CD from Japan with the bonus track In Time, dare I say it's maybe the best song on the album.  It's taken a good 5-6 listens through but it's finally starting to sound like a Yellowcard album to me, and sounding better.  I dislike the forums due to reading reviews before I have my own listen, it gives me a preconception to what I should expect.  I wonder if I would have liked it more right away had I not read about it.  Who knows, but either way, I'm starting to dig it a lot more than I did right away.

I was also going to say I'm skeptical as to how the new songs will translate in their live show.  Even though I'm starting to like it, a slower feel is usually less fun live in my opinion.

I gave up on variant collecting this album right away when I was unable to buy the Australian yellow. It said no shipping to the U.S. where I tried to buy it. Suppose I could've asked for help on here. But, I didn't.

I did get the CD from Japan with the bonus track In Time, dare I say it's maybe the best song on the album. It's taken a good 5-6 listens through but it's finally starting to sound like a Yellowcard album to me, and sounding better. I dislike the forums due to reading reviews before I have my own listen, it gives me a preconception to what I should expect. I wonder if I would have liked it more right away had I not read about it. Who knows, but either way, I'm starting to dig it a lot more than I did right away.

I was also going to say I'm skeptical as to how the new songs will translate in their live show. Even though I'm starting to like it, a slower feel is usually less fun live in my opinion.

Try looking at jbhifi.com.au for the Australian variant. I just got my yellow one in the mail this morning.

The swirl does look pretty sweet in the mockup though...haha

The weird thing is, I added these to my cart and got these totals:

Purple w/ Red, Blue, Yellow splatter - 378

Blue w/ Multi-color Splatter - 871

Clear swirl - 100

Is the clear super limited but not advertised that way?

EDIT: Wait, and it's $7 more expensive but doesn't appear to be any different...?haha I don't get it.

The swirl does look pretty sweet in the mockup though...haha

The weird thing is, I added these to my cart and got these totals:

Purple w/ Red, Blue, Yellow splatter - 378

Blue w/ Multi-color Splatter - 871

Clear swirl - 100

Is the clear super limited but not advertised that way?

EDIT: Wait, and it's $7 more expensive but doesn't appear to be any different...?haha I don't get it.

Maybe it's a tour variant and they put some extras online???? Anybody pick up a copy at the shows/can verify if they had a tour variant??

Finally got a chance to listen to this a little more and pay attention while listening. I like it, it's good rock music but not up to par with what I have come to expect from YC, and I realized it's because of one thing, where the hell is Sean Mackin on this entire album? He has a solo in Fragile and Dear, is featured in MSK, and shows up at the end of My Mountain for a little bit, but otherwise is mostly heard in the background of slow songs. Where is he on the upbeat higher energy songs? I think that's what puts this album on a lower level than the other YC releases.

Finally got a chance to listen to this a little more and pay attention while listening. I like it, it's good rock music but not up to par with what I have come to expect from YC, and I realized it's because of one thing, where the hell is Sean Mackin on this entire album? He has a solo in Fragile and Dear, is featured in MSK, and shows up at the end of My Mountain for a little bit, but otherwise is mostly heard in the background of slow songs. Where is he on the upbeat higher energy songs? I think that's what puts this album on a lower level than the other YC releases.

They talked about it in an interview (and of course I can't find it) about how Sean did a lot of different stuff with the violin this time... he used different effects and techniques... so he is there... but I agree that I miss that sound

They talked about it in an interview (and of course I can't find it) about how Sean did a lot of different stuff with the violin this time... he used different effects and techniques... so he is there... but I agree that I miss that sound

Oh, I didn't see that, thanks. I'll have to listen a little more closely. But yeah, I definitely miss that sound as well.

• 2 weeks later...