Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness: PO Coming Soon.

According to his Facebook page: "I'm excited to announce that my self titled album, "Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness," will be out on October 14th via Vanguard Records. I'm thrilled to begin this journey, and for all of you to come along for the ride. More music, pre-orders, music videos and more coming soon!"

8a2b3569-fb39-4046-b22c-b33a3703ef00.jpg

And the first single which dropped a month or so ago, incase anybody hasn't heard it yet:

https://soundcloud.com/andrewmcmahon/andrew-mcmahon-cecilia-and-the-satellite

Edit: Looks like preorders are going up in his webstore at 10am on Tuesday Sept. 2nd. Linky to the webstire is here: http://shop.andrewmcmahon.com/

Seeing him next friday! I cannot wait! New single is fantastic, dare I say I like it more than anything from the pug ep. Not that i didn't like the pug ep, it just took me a little longer to get into the ep because it was a bit more pop than jm but a few songs on his last lp gave way to that direction. Either way I cannot wait to buy this!

Pumped for this.  The new songs he played on this last tour were awesome.

Slightly off topic, but I'll post it anyway.  I spoke with Andrew a few weeks ago after a show when he was doing autographs, and asked if he's planning on a repress of Everything in Transit.  He said he's working on it for next year.  Warner Bros. wants to do it for Record Store Day, and he wants to do it himself (in his words, "a real bitchin' version with some b-sides") for the 10th anniversary.  He said something to the effect of "it'll be out within the next year, whether or not I'll be smiling about it is up in the air at this point".  Really good dude, if you go to a show, I highly recommend hanging out by his bus afterwards and getting a picture or something, he's great to talk to.

Hopefully he's able to do it himself, as if it comes out for RSD, a lot of his fans still won't be able to get it.

Pumped for this.  The new songs he played on this last tour were awesome.

Slightly off topic, but I'll post it anyway.  I spoke with Andrew a few weeks ago after a show when he was doing autographs, and asked if he's planning on a repress of Everything in Transit.  He said he's working on it for next year.  Warner Bros. wants to do it for Record Store Day, and he wants to do it himself (in his words, "a real bitchin' version with some b-sides") for the 10th anniversary.  He said something to the effect of "it'll be out within the next year, whether or not I'll be smiling about it is up in the air at this point".  Really good dude, if you go to a show, I highly recommend hanging out by his bus afterwards and getting a picture or something, he's great to talk to.

Hopefully he's able to do it himself, as if it comes out for RSD, a lot of his fans still won't be able to get it.

This is the best news. Even better about the 'real bitchin' version with some b-sides'.