PO: Sleater-Kinney: Start Together Box Set (10/21)

The white one looks like it's the S/T.  The label looks like it's got the guitar drawing that's on the CD: 

can't wait to see the sweet orange All Hands on the Bad One. (it better fucking be orange.)

You were right about S/T! I was stuck thinking of the plain b/w label on the original 10". Since it's on a 12" it would be cool if it was 45.

And All hands had to be orange.

Hype Video on Subpop. It worked: https://www.subpop.com/news/2014/09/22/sleater_kinney_start_together_hype_video

I'm not surprised these are almost sold out. 

Oh man. Finally got to watch this and wow... hype indeed. Happy to finally see footage from the last 2 shows; sad that it's only a few seconds. I hope that means that they're at least working on some part of it.

Sorry, no link, this is, like, highly confidential news I got from a sales representative from the german distributor releasing the box set over here who stepped by at the record store I'm working at,. He already had the opportunity to take a look at the set and brought us the news about the 7" and the recording sessions going on. I know this is a vague source to you and I can't guarantee for anything, but the guy is in this business for 20+ years and never brought any news that turned out to be bullshit.

This is weird of me, but I almost hope they don't get back together for new music/record. Then this box set will feel incomplete.

I'll take a new 7" and some shows, though!

Not weird. I feel the same way. They went out on a high note with no real unfinished business. I'd be surprised if they get back for a whole new LP. I could see them playing Coachella next year and maybe a small tour, though.

Not always a big fan of bands getting back together without making new music. It's like a tribute band featuring actual members. But I get it. I was 13 or so when The Replacements broke up so I never saw the real deal but I did get to see them a few weeks ago and it was awesome and as close to it as I will ever get. I would guess there's die hard SK fans out there who never saw them and would rejoice at a chance now. So while a new album is welcomed while heartedly by me, if they don't make one and do reunite then that's cool. Any Sleater-Kinney is better than none.