PO: RESTORATIONS - LP3 (out 10/28)

Just picked up tickets to see them a few days before the release date. Hopefully they'll sell some copies at the show.

yeah I am going to see them with the Smith Street Band in NYC after fest.

(and seeing them at Fest)

either way hoping they have some fun stuff with them on tour.

Christ, it was just a joke. The part about not buying it was more about the price than the contents.

That's fine, no one's worked up.

The price is pretty reasonable, I could see why you wouldn't want it if you aren't a coffee drinker. I can't justify the same price for bundles with things like banners, flags, dog tags, and other assorted knick-knacks.

As far as this one goes, the price seems pretty spot on:

LP - $16

CD - $8

Shirt - $15

16 oz. Coffee - $15 (give or take)

Mug - $7 (or so)

But I'm just playing devil's advocate, buy what you want.

Found the Germany Exclusive, unfortunately it is through finestvinyl, who (if you don't live in Germany), along with high vinyl prices, have ridiculous shipping prices for everywhere except Germany and Austria. 12€ shipping when you can send it for 3,5€? Yeah right...

http://www.finestvinyl.de/de/item/76123/vinyl.20.html

I could forward it to you, just hit me up.

Any chance you'd forward to the US?  Out of curiosity, I checked out their website and didn't even see the US as a viable shipping destination.  

Sure. Shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.

Same for everyone else, who wants this variant. Their order limit for one person is 5, so I could help at least two or three other of you guys.

That's fine, no one's worked up.

The price is pretty reasonable, I could see why you wouldn't want it if you aren't a coffee drinker. I can't justify the same price for bundles with things like banners, flags, dog tags, and other assorted knick-knacks.

As far as this one goes, the price seems pretty spot on:

LP - $16

CD - $8

Shirt - $15

16 oz. Coffee - $15 (give or take)

Mug - $7 (or so)

But I'm just playing devil's advocate, buy what you want.

Yeah except you have to buy all that other crap just to get the most limited variant. People just seem to accept the "swallow my bundle" trend these days. I really dig this band, it's just annoying that this is the only way to get this variant. Also, all the Euro /100 sound more interesting than the US ones anyway. 

Though I do like coffee, I will now maybe pick this record up at a store, if I remember. I felt that way about that last Red Fang bundle. Never did get around to buying that record.

Yeah except you have to buy all that other crap just to get the most limited variant. People just seem to accept the "swallow my bundle" trend these days. I really dig this band, it's just annoying that this is the only way to get this variant. Also, all the Euro /100 sound more interesting than the US ones anyway. 

Though I do like coffee, I will now maybe pick this record up at a store, if I remember. I felt that way about that last Red Fang bundle. Never did get around to buying that record.

I get it, if you aren't into the other stuff it's annoying. This is the one time some place has put up a bundle where I will use every piece of it so I don't mind getting it. Had it been the things I mentioned before, I probably would've passed on it as well.

this is a perfect punk rock album. 

honestly it's Restorations and then everybody else in the genre. blows every other band out of the water that plays this style of music 

What is "this style of music"? I'm not being facetious, I just can't pin any label on their sound other than a generic "rock" label. I also don't think that I would describe them as any form of punk. Every time I try to tell people how great Restorations is, I find it difficult to describe their sound, even with other band references and that doesn't happen often for a music dork like myself. The closest I come is that I think they would make a great opening band for Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam.

• 2 weeks later...