(PO Soon?) mewithoutYou - Catch For Us The Foxes

i could go on for hours about this band, but, no, they are not a nostalgia band for teenagers. Their music has depth and content rarely found in the scene. i liken them to Lungfish back in the day.

Hope that's not how it came across as that wasn't what I was trying to convey at all.

At the point in my life that I was referring to, I was completely steeped into the Christianity-influenced idea that due to our deeply flawed nature, life was completely about having to endure it. If you're in that kind of place then the only beauty you might be able to find in Aaron's lyrics is one that only further confirms what you see as the one and only truth about human existence.

The lyrics to Seven Sisters, (throw in Carousels, Disaster Tourism or most other songs) was to me the epitome of an outlook on life that I, in a way, subscribed to. That might give an idea of what headspace I was in. What I tried to convey was that at that point I read all of what Aaron was singing about as showing strong feelings remorse of being alive. By now I've found that not to be the case at all. There's always a strong sense of hope in what he's saying that I totally overlooked due to a thoroughly melancholic disposition. -_-

/teenangstconfession

I have no idea what this acronym is for.

Definition:

An album that apparently very few people here have given a fair shake.  

Said people then proceed to make fun of others who enjoy said album.

(Guess they've got a ways to go in terms of popularity until all the schmoes start jumping on the bandwagon.)

Example:

Enthusiastic Music Listener: "Dude, have you heard of 'Hotel Books'?"  

Schmo: [Fibbing] "Chyeah, I was into them way before IAHHBINFAH even dropped." *flips hair-swoop*

---

They started as a spoken-word project with vocals and ambient guitar, then on this new release they went full band.  The end result sounds like a hybridization of other indie bands that do spoken word like mwY and Listener, and instrumental post-rock bands like EitS.  Throw some emo in there for good measure.

Every band that gets compared to mewithoutYou does nothing for me except make me want to jump head first off a building. It always sounds like the Mr. Brainwash to mwY's Banksy. Hotel Books included, listening right now and this straight up suuuuuuuuuuuucks

Excited about picking up this mwY pressing. Its been on the want list for a while.

I had never heard of Hotel Books before and i just sampled and its more than just terrible. Its as if they were trying to come off as "trying too hard".

Hotel Books mine as well be Buzz's girlfriend...WOOF!

Hey, guys.  This is Bennie E. from Hotel Books.  I understand that our music may not be for everyone but Hoody Warrelson won't stop tweeting links to this thread to every member of our band and our bassist's wife.  Please say you like us so that we can feel safe clicking on our @replies once again.  Please.  We are begging you.

Hey, guys.  This is Bennie E. from Hotel Books.  I understand that our music may not be for everyone but Hoody Warrelson won't stop tweeting links to this thread to every member of our band and our bassist's wife.  Please say you like us so that we can feel safe clicking on our @replies once again.  Please.  We are begging you.

Pfft, I don't even have twitter.  :P 

Though, apparently there is someone with the same username on twitter.  Not me though.

Also - Dear Haters: post your best of 2014 lists so far, I dare you.  You're all really cool cutting up on bands you haven't heard of until moments ago, let's see what y'all are into.

Pfft, I don't even have twitter. :P

Though, apparently there is someone with the same username on twitter. Not me though.

Also - Dear Haters: post your best of 2014 lists so far, I dare you. You're all really cool cutting up on bands you haven't heard of until moments ago, let's see what y'all are into.

Hotelier

Cloud Nothings

Braid

Wye Oak

Bombay Bicycle Club

Joyce Manor

Weatherbox

more

Hotelier

Cloud Nothings

Braid

Wye Oak

Bombay Bicycle Club

Joyce Manor

Weatherbox

more

Probably best to do it in the best of 2014 thread.

I'll post my refined list up there later on.

Also zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz it's all the same middle of the road type shit. 'Rock' instrumentation guitar, bass, drums 'rock' vocals, somewhere between heavy and not heavy.  Where's the diversity? I haven't heard the new 'more' record yet, but I hear it's supposed to be good. :P

And how about all you guys who signed up 5 months ago?

I'll meet you over here: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/104525-best-of-2014-so-far/