U2 - Songs of Innocence

Some people thought it wasn't worth free....

The beauty of opinions. Called my local SD record shops and nada. Strange that 300 copies wouldn't be distributed everywhere. 

EDIT: Spoke to another record store which said there wasn't 300 but actually 100 so that means there were only 50 copies for the east coast and then west coast.

• 2 weeks later...

What bonus material are you expecting / wanting?  Also why would they need to include a Download? They already gave the digital version free to the world!

There is a Deluxe CD version with Acoustic Sessions and some additional tracks.  I figured it might be an Oasis re-issue type situation where it doesn't all fit on the vinyl but was part of the download.  

http://www.discogs.com/U2-Songs-Of-Innocence/release/6176071

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys so I've become interested in checking out some U2 albums due to several bands I like being strongly influenced by them. I know very little of their music save for a few of their singles since probably 2000 or so. Any recommendation on which album to start in their discography? The Joshua Tree? Something else?

unforgettable Fire or Joshua Tree. Achtung is a good starting point.

They have a spotty catalog. Plus they change their sound every couple albums. If you are completely unfamiliar with anything they have done, I'd check out the gold and silver hits albums 1980-1990 and 1990-2000.

But the general consensus is War- Achtung is U2 at their best.