NO SLEEP RECORDS Test Press Auctions Round #375656

jhulud

^ That's exactly what I mean. People don't even try to get a deal on this stuff. The only ones that do are the ones going for less popular tests and the bids don't get high, and even so the bidding increments are typically smaller. People bid with such high increments and put their highest bid up first like it's a good strategy.

Would it really make much of a difference though? At the end of the day, whether I bid in the first hour or the last 2 minutes, I'm still just going to put the most I would want to pay. It only takes one other person to do that (with similar valuations) and it's going to reach a high price.

Granted bidding near the end will stop the odd impulse bid but not enough to make much of a difference.

But yeah I'm not in for any of these, I feel like my bank account wouldn't allow me to start collecting test's.

Probably wouldn't make that much of a difference, but if smart bidders are in a war over an item at the last minute, they try to win something by a few pennies or a dollar. Setting a high bid early makes you vulnerable to pay too much because other people are going to start bidding up to see where your high bid is or try to get ahead of it.

The Sleeping on Trash test is likely a situation where a dude thought it would be a great idea to max out his bid at $200 because the likelihood that someone else would come close to paying that much for it would be low, and then someone bid him up a bunch. I think the current high bidder is probably just a troll.

Look at Major League. It has had 35 bids, but it's only at $31. They're bidding smart/competitively.

The only time it makes sense to bid before the last few seconds is if you know you aren't going to be available to bid at that exact moment.

Another good reason is for those with personalities that can drawn into a bidding war and go over their budget. Sniping helps those with lesser self-control as well. 

There's also that little pecker,(noob or shill) mentioned above who starts bidding in $1 and $2 increments every minute until they run up to one's maximum bid if you don't snipe as well. And if the shill wins, they just cancel and refund the fees. Offer to the underbidder.

I could name other reasons, like the thunderstorm that knocked our power out when I was getting ready to manually bid at the last second an item back in 2003. I 'll never foget that, and the sniping servers have not failed me in 14 years.  Also then the refresh times were a lot slower than today's real time. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I just hope the '68 test press goes for like $65 so the guy who spent $140 last time will continue to hate life for spending that much....

Fuck you :P

And I won't.

^ That's exactly what I mean. People don't even try to get a deal on this stuff. The only ones that do are the ones going for less popular tests and the bids don't get high, and even so the bidding increments are typically smaller. People bid with such high increments and put their highest bid up first like it's a good strategy.

Actually, I did a <5 second left bid (with a really high amount....) and was floored to find that the previous bidder had set their bid so much higher than where it was resting...

I still paid less than I was willing to, I'll live :P

Popsike says 185. Still totally ashamed but I'm in the test pressing stages of completing the collection

I didn't check Popsike, I looked at NSR's Completed Listings on eBay. I don't know when the Popsike listing was from, but I also can't find any other completed listings for it on eBay.

• 1 month later...

Nothing shows up for me.

Here's a non mobile version:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/nosleeprecords/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

They tweeted earlier today about potentially trying to sell them directly on their webstore. I guess they decided not to do that. I'm assuming that they will add more. Chris must be having a hard time funding the label or something. This is the 3rd time in a year.

They're auctioning a test press for the 3rd press of Suburbia that hasn't even been released yet.

Nothing shows up for me.

Here's a non mobile version:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/nosleeprecords/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

They tweeted earlier today about potentially trying to sell them directly on their webstore. I guess they decided not to do that. I'm assuming that they will add more. Chris must be having a hard time funding the label or something. This is the 3rd time in a year.

They're auctioning a test press for the 3rd press of Suburbia that hasn't even been released yet.

Test presses for each press lol

Test presses for each press lol

Haha your signature .gif rules. Just watched season 9 on netflix 3 times this week. I have no life.

Chris must be having a hard time funding the label or something. This is the 3rd time in a year.

I just assume No Sleep might be doing this to fund projects more comfortably or pay for unexpected stuff that comes with both life and running a record label, but I doubt they're necessarily having that hard of a time. They just remodeled their offices and what not, and they've been doing pretty well imo. I doubt they would be putting money into remodeling their office situation if their label was truly struggling financially. Their last few releases have been well received it seems, especially Moose Blood.

Those are just my thoughts though. Maybe I'm being defensive for the label, but it's not fair to assume they're broke or whatever because they auction off test presses haha.