Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

My dude never posted a pic but he did express thanks via pm. I don't know about a penalty or anything now, but it should definitely be explicitly stated that photos in the thread are a requirement for participation moving forward. Not a good feeling seeing everyone else show off their stuff and your person not taking a minute to do the same.

6. When you receive your gift:

• post what you got in the main thread and guess who sent it to you.

• PM your Secret Santa Moderator that you received your gift so we can mark you off our list.

This is a must. I don't want to have to be PMing people daily to see if they received their gifts. Once its been noted, please, please say THANK YOU. There's nothing more thoughtless than not at least giving a “thank you.” It's rude to say the least!

this is has been on the rule list for a few years. people disregard it every year. so next year i won't be telling anyone anything. i think they'll get the hint when their name isnt on the list, even though they entered. seems fair.. 

I think the Secret Easter(bunny) could be a neat thing, but how about we make the gift exchange amount requirement less extravagant. Since it's not Christmas. It could be up to the sender to send more if they like. 

well theres never been a limit. it's up to the sender to send. but doing something different would be cool. making it more like a game so the sender has to figure out what to get and limit it to one record. or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is super delayed and I apologize to my secret santa for not posting months ago!!  :mellow:   Anyway, I still want to share what an awesome job you did so this is what I received  in my box back in...November..?

2z4xzqr.jpg

The live, ltd press of one of my favorite albums...this made me jump up and down in excitement.  It's super awesome and I listen to it all the time. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

98a5qg.jpg

2z52gck.jpg

Two albums I had never heard of, but really have enjoyed checking out. Especially since I love bayside. I had never heard of flatfoot 56, but I've enjoyed listening to it.  So thanks for introducing me to something entirely new!  Also the artwork is pretty sweet looking, as is the actual record.  

2wrntqb.jpg

Sorry this one is sideways...I can't seem to fix it.  Lastly two posters and a drink koozie.  I have to say the Finch poster made me laugh....I swear I had the same one (or at least a very similar looking one) hanging on my wall for about 8 years through middle and high school.  

So anyways after looking back in the thread a few pages I know my SS was  ozfacter! Thank you very much, also not that I expect you to see this now that its like half a year later but in your note you said you were sending a second box....I am hoping you just never got around to it, because I never got it.  I am super thankful though for the box! Thanks again so much, sorry I have been a lazy bastard.