At first, I was a fan of COPE. But it didn't stick. It felt too much of the same and lacked the diversity of other albums. I don't necessarily love this either. I'll probably combine some songs from this with some on COPE in a playlist to create the album I wish they had released, or at least kinda close to that. 

I didn't dislike Cope but I'd agree that it's not the best work they've done. Simple Math was likely a hard album to follow up to, though. Still, I don't regret buying the box set and seeing those songs live was amazing. Hope is incredible and those harmonies are just... beyond words. Have this POed on Amazon. Less than $20 with free prime shipping? Yes please.

• 1 month later...

Last night was unbelievable in Austin. Andy said it was only their 2nd time to ever do anything like this. If you've got a chance to see the HOPE tour...do it. 

Hey, I was there last night too!  It was my first time seeing Manchester Orchestra, and I'm not really familiar with all of their songs as I only recognized a few of the old ones they played and didn't recognize a lot of their new stuff. I felt like the show started and ended really strong. Sound was AMAZING, which really helped with the performance. The stripped down songs are a good concept, and it was a great performance, but I wish my first experience would have been with a full band playing the songs as they were meant to be played. Clearly I knew better as it's called a stripped down tour, but having not seen Manchester live before I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Also, one of the worst crowds I've experienced in Austin. Lots of people talking over the performance and drunk d-bags being obnoxious and rude not only to the crowd but Manchester as well. Didn't seem like the band opened up to the crowd as much as they could have either. Overall I enjoyed it and there were some really great moments that captivated me, but there were also lulls in the performance and points where people in the crowd really ruined it. 

• 2 weeks later...