Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

Yeah VoG is awful these days.

I think it was me and Batman who were running it last week and the group kept failing at the fucking oracles whenever this one dude got teleported. So, I finally ask him "Dude, what are you using to shoot the oracles, are you just missing?" and he says "No, I'm not missing, I'm using Patience and Time, it must be you."

I facepalmed my forehead through my elbow.

I then explained the details of this fight and how if he didn't have AE or VoC he was better off using anything with a high rate of fire, like Auto Rifles.  The only type of weapon this kid had was FUCKING PULSE RIFLES.

I suggested he use a fucking fusion rifle... didn't have one of those either. So... 

It's a pretty awful place to go these days.

Yeah VoG is awful these days.

I think it was me and Batman who were running it last week and the group kept failing at the fucking oracles whenever this one dude got teleported. So, I finally ask him "Dude, what are you using to shoot the oracles, are you just missing?" and he says "No, I'm not missing, I'm using Patience and Time, it must be you."

I facepalmed my forehead through my elbow.

I then explained the details of this fight and how if he didn't have AE or VoC he was better off using anything with a high rate of fire, like Auto Rifles.  The only type of weapon this kid had was FUCKING PULSE RIFLES.

I suggested he use a fucking fusion rifle... didn't have one of those either. So... 

It's a pretty awful place to go these days.

How does anyone only have one weapon type?! Hahahaha. Holy shit. This kid never thought to himself, over all the different damage types and weapon types and guns, "hey, maybe I should save them so I have one of everything for different situations". Holy crap. I think you may win for running with the most incompetent person.

It was really something.

Batman can confirm, not sure if it was the same group or not but there was another 15 year old kid who would not listen to advice, and insisted on picking up up the relic. He would pick it up, double jump and then instead of zipping down at the adds, he kept ground pounding off the fucking map. Once he figured that out, he actually survived a teleport run, (I shot 3 rockets so all he had to do was cleanse) we run out and he misses the fucking jump to the middle platform. Misses it. And starts complaining about glitches.

I can barely stomach doing it with PUGs anymore.

Finally got a ps4 for Christmas this year and got the Destiny bundle. I'm definitely a noob but I want to finish the story line before I start joining any fireteams. VC fireteam sounds awesome. I'd love to play with you guys sometime but it will be awhile. Having a two year old and now a new born is pretty time consuming. Who would've thought? Anyway maybe we can get a FAQ or something going for those that are newer to the game like myself. All the lingo is a bit much for me since I'm still trying to figure everything out. I haven't played in about a week but I think I'm a level 8 human hunter so I still have a long way to go but some help as far as gameplay would be much appreciated. I used to be a huge gamer and then got married young and priorities got in the way. The only games I've played through in the last 4 years are the Bioshock series and the best franchise of all time Metal Gear Solid.

Safe to say I'm a tad bit behind. There are definitely a lot of games I want to play that came out awhile back but I was hooked with Destiny the first time I turned it on. Such a beautiful game.

Finally got a ps4 for Christmas this year and got the Destiny bundle. I'm definitely a noob but I want to finish the story line before I start joining any fireteams. VC fireteam sounds awesome. I'd love to play with you guys sometime but it will be awhile. Having a two year old and now a new born is pretty time consuming. Who would've thought? Anyway maybe we can get a FAQ or something going for those that are newer to the game like myself. All the lingo is a bit much for me since I'm still trying to figure everything out. I haven't played in about a week but I think I'm a level 8 human hunter so I still have a long way to go but some help as far as gameplay would be much appreciated. I used to be a huge gamer and then got married young and priorities got in the way. The only games I've played through in the last 4 years are the Bioshock series and the best franchise of all time Metal Gear Solid.

Safe to say I'm a tad bit behind. There are definitely a lot of games I want to play that came out awhile back but I was hooked with Destiny the first time I turned it on. Such a beautiful game.

The FAQ is the previous 151 pages :P But we have no issues repeating answers. Just ask!

/r/destiny on reddit is a very helpful resource. not so much for pre-20 and the story, but from 20 onward, there's a lot of great info there. also, I know some people will be running the story w/ alts that they create, so you may be able to catch someone on here doing the same thing as you at lower levels.

Also tell us your PSN :P

The FAQ is the previous 151 pages :P But we have no issues repeating answers. Just ask!

A bit overwhelming but I've started the first few pages and will eventually catch up!

/r/destiny on reddit is a very helpful resource. not so much for pre-20 and the story, but from 20 onward, there's a lot of great info there. also, I know some people will be running the story w/ alts that they create, so you may be able to catch someone on here doing the same thing as you at lower levels.

I'll have to check it out and by alts you mean just different characters right?

Also tell us your PSN :P

haha duh. It's justin_cole12

A bit overwhelming but I've started the first few pages and will eventually catch up!

I'll have to check it out and by alts you mean just different characters right?

haha duh. It's justin_cole12

Yeah there's a lot of trash in the 151 pages haha. If you have a question just ask! We obviously love talking about the game ;)

Ah, it's all good, dude. I was trying to get into batman's chat group, thought you might be in there. :) I'll run with you whenever!

Sorry I couldn't join up with you. My son was getting in his mickey mouse fix for the day. Usually if I'm not already playing destiny it is my wife or son using the PS4.

haha nah we've got a nice little ecosystem here where we all love to hate the game we hate that we love together.

I have to say, yesterday was my first foray into raids with a group that was 1/2 randos...and it was awful. I don't know how you dudes have been doing that kind of shit on the reg.

I have to say, yesterday was my first foray into raids with a group that was 1/2 randos...and it was awful. I don't know how you dudes have been doing that kind of shit on the reg.

It's always been bad, but it's gotten really, really bad lately. I mean worse than I could have ever imagined.

I don't even mind the people that haven't done it before, even though they are level 31, at least they know they don't get it. It's the people who are still arguing about stupid as shit.

"What side are you guys on???" "Look at your map dummy!!"

Solution: Open both gates, always. This also makes killing all Supplicants easy mode.

"I've got relic!" *runs straight down the stairs and dies*

Solution: Fucking walk around the side. Or let someone else pick up the relic.

"Ugh guys shoot the Minotaur..."

Solution: COME ONNNNNNNNNNN

etc, etc, goddamn etc. I can't be bothered arguing with idiots on there anymore, I just let them go on and on about how their method is easier while we wipe again and again because of everyone else's fault, while they die first repeatedly.

What's you PSN name? I don't runnin with you and helping you level up

It's always been bad, but it's gotten really, really bad lately. I mean worse than I could have ever imagined.

I don't even mind the people that haven't done it before, even though they are level 31, at least they know they don't get it. It's the people who are still arguing about stupid as shit.

"What side are you guys on???" "Look at your map dummy!!"

Solution: Open both gates, always. This also makes killing all Supplicants easy mode.

"I've got relic!" *runs straight down the stairs and dies*

Solution: Fucking walk around the side. Or let someone else pick up the relic.

"Ugh guys shoot the Minotaur..."

Solution: COME ONNNNNNNNNNN

etc, etc, goddamn etc. I can't be bothered arguing with idiots on there anymore, I just let them go on and on about how their method is easier while we wipe again and again because of everyone else's fault, while they die first repeatedly.

This is exactly what happened yesterday.

I kept just letting people pile on me since I was the 29 in the group (my 3rd alt), and I had only run Atheon a couple times, but I was getting pretty pissed. Batman and Matt were awesome as usual though.