On sale: Windhand / Salem's Pot split Halloween 10"

god dammit wanted that orange one... that went quick... 

also holy hell 6 dollar media mail...

To their credit they upgraded the boxes for shipping since people were complaining about corner dings. They are corner ding guaranteed LP boxes. I found out when I complained and told them these boxes were too goddamn fancy and corner ding proof and I didn't mind about that bullshit.

I've been looking forward to this one, but I can't justify paying what they want for this. I'm not spending $20 plus on a 10".

Yeah, the pricing on this is stupid and their shipping is just as stupidly expensive. I dig this label for the music they put out, but jeez.

Whatever, I guess. I bought it so I'm part of the problem.

Don't you usually get something different with a "die hard" version of a record other than just a different color especially when it costs $20 more than the normal version?

Plus there are 4 color variants of a hundred so the die hard isn't even rare and it's on crappy clear vinyl.

I remember when I pre-ordered the Monolord record and got the white version before it sold and thought that was cool. Then when the actual record came out there were die hards, test presses and 2-3 rarer variants than the white one that went up for sale.

I could just be bitter because it's always bugged me when labels press a bunch of test presses to sell. Not sure how the "test" part still applies when you're just having them made to sell as a limited version. That means there's gotta be a test press of the test presses too right?

Don't you usually get something different with a "die hard" version of a record other than just a different color especially when it costs $20 more than the normal version?

I thought the Die Hard editions were traditionally hand numbered and had alternate artwork.

I assumed that was the same for this release; is that not the case?

I thought the Die Hard editions were traditionally hand numbered and had alternate artwork.

I assumed that was the same for this release; is that not the case?

They hadn't really mentioned it for this release, but they said so to someone on Instagram.

I'm getting really sick of the whole variant game. How about instead of pressing 100 of a bunch of shit, you press 500 of one color and drop the price $5? That said, I'm an idiot and went back tonight and ordered two other records from them on variant pressings. Fuck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sold out a little while ago :(

Managed to grab a split and a copy of the S/T this morning. Passed on the live album though. I can't see myself listening to it enough to justify the purchase. I'm not sure how limited the S/T is, or if it's limited at all, and I don't really care since I don't have it and Windhand rules.

Sold out a little while ago :(

Managed to grab a split and a copy of the S/T this morning. Passed on the live album though. I can't see myself listening to it enough to justify the purchase. I'm not sure how limited the S/T is, or if it's limited at all, and I don't really care since I don't have it and Windhand rules.

S/T has been seeing a bunch of re-presses, and I assume will continue to (hope so, as I still haven't grabbed one). Good grabs though. I'm the same way about live albums.