PO: Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown

I'd love to see their whole discography pressed. I snagged Nothing Is Sound a few months ago (the most I've ever paid for a record, but no regrets) because I'm sure there isn't enough demand for a repress. I bet the first three records would sell decently well though. Unfortunately, I doubt Oh, Gravity will ever happen, although I'd love to be proven wrong.

I would like to get both, but I'm not sure if I should wait or not. I know Hello Hurricane sold pretty quick and this seems to be a popular Switchfoot album also. I don't want to have to pay flippers prices later.

I think HH should get a repress sooner or later, it's their only Grammy winning album so it would have enough draw I think. I doubt a major label would press it so my only thought is for a small distro to press it, SRC, SMLXL, Spartan, etc.

Tomorrow, Monday Nov 3, we will be launching the pre orders for Switchfoot's "The Beautiful Letdown"! They will go live at 1 pm EST here:

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Switchfoot-%252d-The-Beautiful-Letdown-LP.html

We have set release date for December 16th however the records are already pressed and in the warehouse! We are just waiting on the jackets which should arrive in about 3 weeks. We WILL be shipping these before release date once those arrive.

The 180 Gram white variant is only limited to 500 copies so we expect these to sell out FAST! For those who miss the most limited there will be 1,000 on 180 Gram blue vinyl.

yes. and sometimes it takes them a year to ship the record to you. 

It's funny you say this referencing Juliana Theory, because today's SRC email blast said this:

We have set release date for December 16th however the records are already pressed and in the warehouse! We are just waiting on the jackets which should arrive in about 3 weeks. We WILL be shipping these before release date once those arrive.

It would be nice if we could get some clarification from SRC how many of the /500 are actually available? I think like 250 of them are set aside for the Subscription. So there is actually only 250 of the white for the public. This is the same thing I wondered for Finch "Say Hello To Sunshine" and that is still available..haha.

Grabbed white (because I'm a sucker for buying the most limited, blue would have be nicer), and The Dillinger Escape Plan - One Of Us Is The Killer (anyone know what colour they have in stock?).

.... could there be a stranger order?  I hope this is a head scratcher for whoever ends up packing this, haha.

It would be nice if we could get some clarification from SRC how many of the /500 are actually available? I think like 250 of them are set aside for the Subscription. So there is actually only 250 of the white for the public. This is the same thing I wondered for Finch "Say Hello To Sunshine" and that is still available..haha.

This assumes they actually 250 people commit to the subscription, but a good question nonetheless.

Edit: I was able to add no more than 380 copies of the white to my cart just now.

Ha. I remember jumping on that like it would sell out and I just saw that yellow is still available. Whoops. Should have waited for clearance.

I'm fairly certain this is the first time this record has been pressed?  Discogs does not have any record of a previous pressing, and I have never encountered mention of one elsewhere...

Don't you know anything, it was available on platinum vinyl!

200595605351.jpg