Relapse Records - 25th Anniversary Re-issue Thread

Le Gogh

I don't think there's even been anything announced for DEP has there?  Seemed like the Neurosis ones were a big surprise (to me anyway).

Thought there was somewhere in the thread, but odds are I'm wrong. I just really want a copy of Ire Works and Miss Machine and they're never around when I have money to drop on them.

So I wonder how good/bad the silver is going to sound. Haven't had much luck with gold and silver pressings. Anyone have anything in this silver from Relapse?

Still find it weird the split color is 34.99, while all the other ones are 29.99....

http://www.relapse.com/neurosis/

Reissue Pressing Info:

2100 x Black 180 Gram

2000 x Oxblood 180 Gram *European Import*

650 x Black / Oxblood Half 'n Half 180 Gram *Mailorder Exclusive*

250 x Relapse 25th Anniversary Silver 180 Gram *Mailorder Exclusive*

So I wonder how good/bad the silver is going to sound. Haven't had much luck with gold and silver pressings. Anyone have anything in this silver from Relapse?

I have a couple of the nile albums and primitive man's newer ep on silver. I think they sound pretty good. a few noisy spots here and there, but they're pressed well and that's what's important.

Awesome, hopefully I will be too. I almost just went black, but the nerd in me couldn't do it, haha.

Silver is SOLD OUT! I'm kinda suprised they lasted so long.

I think the first thing I purchased from Relapse this year was something on the 25th anniversary silver.  Kind of decided that everything I get from them would be that if I could, so far it's been fun.

Neurosis preorder is up on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_14?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=neurosis+vinyl&sprefix=neurosis+vinyl%2Caps%2C180

I pray that Amazon.ca gets this soon. I can't spend $32 for shipping to Canada for 2 2xLPs

• 2 months later...

Pig Destroyer - Prowler in the Yard is up now

http://www.relapse.com/pig-destroyer/

There's also an orange edition from decibel but it's not up yet. Not sure whether to grab the silver or wait for the orange.

Finally got around playing this last night.

Yep, this remaster is really different from the original. Biggest things I noticed is the bass drum that sounds more prominent and real. The pinch harmonic seems a bit drowned in the mix. Dirtier vibes overall and while I think it fits the mood of the album it's gonna take a while to sound 'correct'.

The unreleased song is just a short instrumental and one of the interludes is missing.