SCAMMER PLEASE READ! - WTB: Records + Test Presses (Many Genres)(Lots of Man Overboard)

Thundrstruckk

He also said:

"*along with everyone else. I still have addresses/names for all of the records. This wasn't intended to be a scam but shit happened and I freaked out. I will be sending everyone's records back."

Shit happened and I freaked out?

WTF does that even mean?

The thing is I don't want my records back, I sold those records to pay off a credit card which I did. Now I am going to come up with $230.00 to cover that, no thanks. I will be fighting to keep the money but who knows how that will work out. Morrissey can you put a screenshot of that message saying he freaked out so I can add that to my case. What's funny is that I messaged him yesterday and never received a reply.

Yeah I also messaged him yesterday to no avail. So I called his dad instead...sent him all the info via email as well. His dad's a pretty nice guy and took the time to hear everything that I had to say. I walked him through the process his son followed in order to get these records at no cost. Sucks he didnt follow in his fathers footsteps

Even if some "shit happened," wouldn't it have been much easier and less sketchy to message all of the buyers explaining the situation he was in? Some sellers might have been mad that he was backing down from a purchase, but I would have much preferred him being straight up and honest about the situation rather than him filing a bunch of chargebacks. I guess I wouldn't be mad if I got my records back, I'd take that over this idiot having it.

He still hasn't messaged me back. 

I can't message this guy for some reason, can someone please give me the cliff notes about what he's doing?

Edit: I read the entire thread. This dude has disabled his messaging here implying that he is up to some bullshit (in my eyes). It seems that you guys have cases with PayPal which is good, the only thing we can facilitate here is a permanent ban, which wouldn't make a difference if he's ignoring all contact here anyways, but will prevent any future fuckery. I would also take it a step further and file a local police report for Financial False Pretense.

This should be the county website for the Great Falls, VA area. You can file it online.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/ficor/

Just got this email from him

Rob,

I will be getting paid on Friday. I will be working to pay everyone back that I screwed over. Could you help me compile a list of everyone who wants their records back, and who wants money? I can't access VC anymore. I might have been IP blocked. Please let me know, I am aiming to have all of the records out tomorrow to the people that want them back.

Chris

This was the first one, before that^

Rob,

This is Chris. I was the one who "purchased" the 10 man o records from you. First off, I would like to apologize for 1) doing this in the first place and 2) thinking I could get away with it. Second, I am emailing all the people I can, asking if they want their records back. For those who do, I will pack them up tonight and ship them tomorrow. For those who dont, I will pay them. I understand what I did was wrong, and that no matter how hard I try, I can't beat the system. I was using PayPal funds that weren't actually in my account, and I thought I could get away with it. Again, I apologize heavily. I haven't spun any of your records, the only thing I did was clean them and put them back into the sleeves. Let me know if you want me to send them back priority tomorrow. I will be individually emailing the VC members I "purchased" records from, asking if they want them back.

Chris

Yeah, he emailed me some similar shit asking if I wanted my records back. He said he thought he could get away with using PayPal funds that weren't there in the first place... what the fuck?

I'm not sure yet if I want my money back, or if I want my records back. I'm not sure how this will play out though. Most of us have already opened PayPal claims already, so we'll have to wait for PayPal to process all that before we get our money back anyway. I doubt this kid will send the money if it's frozen in his account, and he never had the money in the first place.

I think I'll probably ask for my records back, but I have yet to reply to his email. He doesn't deserve those records; there is a much better home for them out them.

What a fucking loser. His birthdate is 1995. I bet the only reason you're getting your money/records back is because his dad yelled at him.

If he was like 22 and didn't live with his dad probably no one would get their records back. Like his dad is probably the only reason why he's apologizing and sending everyone's records/money back. What a fucker.