SCAMMER PLEASE READ! - WTB: Records + Test Presses (Many Genres)(Lots of Man Overboard)

Thundrstruckk

Everyone who hasn't gotten a refund, records, or tracking info please quote this post so we can continue to monitor the situation.

Yo. Just found this thread, just sent him an email. I had done the whole provide evidence for the chargeback dispute thing the day it was filed, but I've gotten zero response on that end.

Also, if he is indeed returning records, and if anyone is looking for a Wonder Years/Fallen From the Sky split on brown, holla at me. I was hoping I'd finally gotten rid of it.

Update: he emailed me within 15 minutes.

Alex,

I apologize for not returning your messages. I fully intend to pay you back. I will let you know when I send the payment. I apologize for this situation, and I will be fixing it.

So, that's something I guess. I'll believe it when I see it. The record he bought from me was only $15, I'm guessing his allowance probably covers that easier than it covers $100+ test pressings.

He said I would have my money today. Here's what I got

Rob,

It's really windy in VA, and my power just went out. Internet doesn't work on desktops/laptops but I can't seem to get the paypal app on my phone to work. Once the power is restored I should be able to send payment. If you don't believe me, I sent a payment for another gentlemen earlier today. I'm sure there's a thread about me on VC and I'm sure he can attest to the payment. Thank you for your patience.

Chris

Can anyone attest that they indeed received their money. I'm curious as to which account it came from too

He said I would have my money today. Here's what I got

Rob,

It's really windy in VA, and my power just went out. Internet doesn't work on desktops/laptops but I can't seem to get the paypal app on my phone to work. Once the power is restored I should be able to send payment. If you don't believe me, I sent a payment for another gentlemen earlier today. I'm sure there's a thread about me on VC and I'm sure he can attest to the payment. Thank you for your patience.

Chris

Can anyone attest that they indeed received their money. I'm curious as to which account it came from too

Story checks out as of yesterday: http://wtkr.com/2015/02/02/thousands-without-power-across-hampton-roads/

Although if it's still out, he's one of the .0009% of customers still without power: https://www.dom.com/residential/dominion-virginia-power/outage-center/outages-by-region-and-maps

I personally still have yet to see my money. That email reads like me when I was in college. I was an expert at crafting believable excuses for why I needed extensions on papers and projects that I hadn't actually started. I honestly thought no one would ever figure out that I was just a lazy procrastinator.

Story checks out as of yesterday: http://wtkr.com/2015/02/02/thousands-without-power-across-hampton-roads/

Although if it's still out, he's one of the .0009% of customers still without power: https://www.dom.com/residential/dominion-virginia-power/outage-center/outages-by-region-and-maps

I personally still have yet to see my money. That email reads like me when I was in college. I was an expert at crafting believable excuses for why I needed extensions on papers and projects that I hadn't actually started. I honestly thought no one would ever figure out that I was just a lazy procrastinator.

great falls is in Northern VA, not hampton roads. 

Yeah, I think these disputes on PayPal and eBay are sometimes settled in an automatic manner and, if you reach an actual person, you can have details or decisions altered if the automatic decision doesn't nail the resolution.

Exactly. I think in this case they saw that the payments were gifted, so the sellers were not protected and the kid automatically "won." It took a second to navigate through the PayPal phone robots, but I got an actual agent on the phone and explained my situation. He was super helpful and had me taken care of in no time. 

I felt like an idiot though, I should have caught that he gifted the payment. Maybe in the future I'll just start sending people invoices through PayPal, rather than just having the buyer send the payment. Has anyone else tried this?

Exactly. I think in this case they saw that the payments were gifted, so the sellers were not protected and the kid automatically "won." It took a second to navigate through the PayPal phone robots, but I got an actual agent on the phone and explained my situation. He was super helpful and had me taken care of in no time. 

I felt like an idiot though, I should have caught that he gifted the payment. Maybe in the future I'll just start sending people invoices through PayPal, rather than just having the buyer send the payment. Has anyone else tried this?

I think the only issue with this is since you send the invoice for a certain amount, paypal takes a fee from your amount received. SO, to counteract this of course, you can charge an additional whatever percent to the person purchasing.

Alex,

Are you willing to accept a western union money transfer? I am not able to access my PayPal account until the 18th of this month.

Is this guy a Nigerian prince now? Anyone have actual experience with getting money via wire payment that wants to vouch for this as being possibly legit?