Out now: Sigur Ros - ( ) CLEAR vinyl limited to 4000

I've only listened to my copy twice, and I guess I wasn't really paying attention.   But mine does have that crackling in the right channel on Track 8.  I only really notice it towards the beginning.  And towards the beginning of track 6.  So I guess I will contact Bull Moose and see what they say.

As stated before. Bull moose is only offering refunds. Here is the email response I got.  

Hello,

We are sorry about that! The label has not made any statement to us about making a new pressing. Please feel free to send it on back via first class or media mail and we will send out a replacement or refund. We will reimburse any standard shipping costs you incur.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Return Address:

Bull Moose Music

17 Arbor St.

Portland, ME 04103

I opened another one of these one a whim before returning to amazon.. thinking I had a pretty solid copy already, but wow.. this one wins it.  When they got pressed properly they are stellar.  little bit of surface noise in the quiet parts, i get it.. its vinyl and there's dust in my house... etc... but fucking wow.. solid pressing when you get a good copy.

loud and dynamic.. chilling, as it should be.

It would be difficult to send replacements for a limited release like this. Wonder where the VC versus Discogs users score went though... ;)

Father John Misty did it.  Though I don't believe that had a certain number of copies like this one.  Took a couple months to get replacements (understandably so).  They re-pressed the record and just sent out the discs.

Will we have to go through where we bought it from?  As you can see above Bull Moose is only offering a return for refund.  Someone on the previous page said they were put down for a replacement from the Sigur Ros online store.  

Bullmoose is a good store and they always seem to be willing to do whatever they can. I'm sure that they'll let us know if they get word of a replacement situation.

I contacted SR directly and they are aware of the problem and are sending me replacement LPs (sans cover/sleeves) for free. 

Originally, Amoeba was going to replace it, but they received an email from SR that asks that customers contact the band for replacement. 

We have received feedback that there might be some audio problems with a proportion of the clear vinyl stock of Sigur Rós’s ( ) album released in America this week.  It seems that a faulty “stamper” used to press a percentage of the records has resulted in shallower grooves, which has in turn created "static-like” interference on the affected records.  We have received reassurances from Vinyl Factory, our manufacturers in the UK, that because stampers are changed regularly that this fault is likely to be experienced only on a minority of the record’s clear vinyl edition.  

If you are unlucky enough to receive any customer complaints relating to this problem then please have them contact us at [email protected], and we will replace the rogue pieces of vinyl at the earliest possible opportunity, at no cost to the customer.  Please note, however, that customers should keep hold of their numbered limited edition album package, since only individual pieces of vinyl will be replaced.  

Sigur Rós like to maintain the highest possible production values with all their releases, and regret that any of their fans might affected by any unfortunate manufacturing problems.

140g is a little bit more, that standart weight, but these still REALLY thin and flimsy. I hold (like you should: finger in the center and finger on edge) the record and it bends a little under it's weight. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't seems like 140g record to me.

Mine weigh in at 140 and 144 grams on my kitchen scale...

People have mentioned there being bits of yellow and brown in there. This isn't too uncommon with clear records.

Well I saw posts about "bits of yellow" and thought, that they mentioned something like splatter/smoke/mix effect not the wholde record.

And wanted to clarify maybe whole press like this, because I thought, that I will receive "clear" and not "clear yellow" record)