PO Now: Desaparecidos new album: "Payola" Coming Jun 23rd, 2015

Welp, I've hit my limit. Love this band but I cannot justify paying $45 for a record and a t-shirt. Maybe I'll catch them on tour I guess.

I paid less than $45 for both records, ppd. You don't need a t-shirt. You NEED that sweet record though. $22ppd ain't horrid. All that nonesense aside, I am also hopeful to catch them on tour. They were one of the best live shows ever. So, so good. I regretted not going both nights in NYC.

I wonder if the songs that have been released already will be different on the album (re-recorded or remixed, etc)

I kind of hope so, but I highly doubt it. The mixes already sound very Desaparecidos-y and they probably couldn't get any Desaparecidos-ier. I could see a re-recording before any other option. I wish their "cover" with and of Joyce Manor ("Constant Headache") was on here, though. That shit was delicious.

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard back from King Roads yet, but the standard black LP has been replaced by a $22 "Deluxe Black LP" It has the same features as the now OOS red variant but we know the deluxe black is limited to 1000 vs unknown for red.

I have inquired with KRM to see if the original standard black I ordered will be replaced by the deluxe black or if there are technically 3 variants now. I'll update when I know. 

Deluxe Black=> http://www.kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/view/?id=7292&cid=19 

I haven't heard back from King Roads yet, but the standard black LP has been replaced by a $22 "Deluxe Black LP" It has the same features as the now OOS red variant but we know the deluxe black is limited to 1000 vs unknown for red.

I have inquired with KRM to see if the original standard black I ordered will be replaced by the deluxe black or if there are technically 3 variants now. I'll update when I know.

Deluxe Black=> http://www.kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/view/?id=7292&cid=19

Gotta pay that premium if you want that sweet die-cut sleeve that will make you're listening experience 100x better, duder!

There's a Deluxe LP version for PO on Amazon (what I was waiting for) for $21.98PPD w/Prime. I assume it's the black you're talking about.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WVN2DEK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_juMtvb0740PZ0

Deluxe Black=> http://www.kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/view/?id=7292&cid=19 

Also strange the the black LP/T-shirt bundle is $5 more when the LPs both cost the same. I can't remember from when I ordered a red copy... wasn't the red a little more than the black?

Also strange the the black LP/T-shirt bundle is $5 more when the LPs both cost the same. I can't remember from when I ordered a red copy... wasn't the red a little more than the black?

The original black was only $17, but it mentioned nothing about being deluxe. Now the black is the "deluxe price."

So KRM responded to my email with this:

Benjamin,

Your order contains two LPs which are both deluxe.  We currently only have deluxe versions available not a standard version.

Cheers,
KRM

So I guess they are clueless? Or they just never had a standard and I preordered two different colored Deluxe LPs? Either way, now we know.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting hyped. until now no real new songs though.

Yeah it's been "City on the Hill" (which is newer) and all the tracks from the 7"s that I've heard a hundred-thousand times. I'm still pretty stoked.

Half the album has already been released...can't they just ship me my goddamn records already? I know they have them. I saw a picture.