PO Now: Desaparecidos new album: "Payola" Coming Jun 23rd, 2015

I should have said Desaparecidos release. Those singles were expensive, as was the LP I bought at my local shop.

in all fairness, the recent repress is like $18 with a bonus 2 song 7 inch (and it actually has the insert again).

Edit: and CD

Though $30 plus shipping for three 7"s is a bit extreme, I do not regret ordering them in the slightest way.

• 3 weeks later...

Not that it's news on the upcoming album per se, but http://www.desaparecidosband.com/has recently changed layout. For anyone who followed the site when the 7"s were being released, you probably noticed how it all kind of changed right before they went up for sale. 

My point: keep your eyes on the site AND Epitaph's storefront. In my experience, they will post everything for sale in the store before it is announced as "on sale/ preorder now!" 

:D I'm getting antsy.

I was driving a long distance today and was listening to some random podcasts to pass the time. I stumbled on one called WTF with Marc Maron and his most recent episode he interviewed Conor Oberst. In the interview he mentioned that Desaparecidos will be releasing a new album next year. Bummer. I was hoping it would be sooner. 

Edit: You can listen to it here. I'm a huge Oberst fan so I found it very interesting (my fiancee did not and complained of boredom)

I was driving a long distance today and was listening to some random podcasts to pass the time. I stumbled on one called WTF with Marc Maron and his most recent episode he interviewed Conor Oberst. In the interview he mentioned that Desaparecidos will be releasing a new album next year. Bummer. I was hoping it would be sooner. 

The podcast was recorded in 2014... he also mentioned Christmas coming up. 

Edit: You can listen to it here. I'm a huge Oberst fan so I found it very interesting (my fiancee did not and complained of boredom)

I've fallen behind on WTF (I used to listen religiously).  I'll have to check that one out, it's probably pretty interesting.

• 1 month later...

Gonna wait and see if black copies pop-up on Amazon. I'm not militantly against paying a small mark-up for colored pressings (*cough* Fat Wreck), but they didn't even try to make this cool. At all.

This is a truth-y statement.

just an FYI and heads up for anyone who doesn't want to look at the top of the first page:

http://kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/artist/?id=544 <= Desaparecidos' Epitaph webstore

The 3 7"s are for sale at $5 each in the store (I ASSUME they are represses). also the colored variant is opaque red. No quantity indicated. it is $21.99.

So all the songs from the 7"s made the album? Hmmm

I knew this would happen, but considering there are 8 new songs and RM/SS was only 9 tracks, it isn't all that bad. Any new material from these dudes is fine by me. Even at 2:30 mins to 3 mins long, an 8 track album beats all those tracks they released between 2001 and 2012, if ya know what I mean.

I'd also like to note that the red LP is called a "deluxe LP." I do not know if its red color makes it deluxe or if it will have a gatefold vs. no gatefold. The black is just "LP (Black)."  Just speculating ideas. Obviously we won't know anything until they tell us or when they show up at the end of summer.

I knew this would happen, but considering there are 8 new songs and RM/SS was only 9 tracks, it isn't all that bad. Any new material from these dudes is fine by me. Even at 2:30 mins to 3 mins long, an 8 track album beats all those tracks they released between 2001 and 2012, if ya know what I mean.

I'd also like to note that the red LP is called a "deluxe LP." I do not know if its red color makes it deluxe or if it will have a gatefold vs. no gatefold. The black is just "LP (Black)." Just speculating ideas. Obviously we won't know anything until they tell us or when they show up at the end of summer.

I'd imagine if Epitaph was going to do anything special with the sleeve they'd throw another $7 on top of that $3 and make note of it in the description. It's not common practice for them not to market anything that could potentially help them sell more records. I could see them getting away with the 'deluxe' moniker if the red variant was also 180g, but again there's no way they wouldn't use that information to market said record.

LP and shirt bundle is the same price with either variant, so i'll probably go for that. $30 for a shirt and LP isn't awful. right?

I noticed that. That's pretty fair considering the standard LP is $16 plus $16 for shirt, but then you lose Media Mail option (if you wanted it).

Also, Laura Jane Grace (of Against Me!) said via Instagram that she is "a part of" the album, whatever that means. I presume a guest musician on a track. This is exciting to me.

I'd imagine if Epitaph was going to do anything special with the sleeve they'd throw another $7 on top of that $3 and make note of it in the description. It's not common practice for them not to market anything that could potentially help them sell more records. I could see them getting away with the 'deluxe' moniker if the red variant was also 180g, but again there's no way they wouldn't use that information to market said record.

This is true. It's probably just the "deluxe" because it's a limited colorway. That was just me being hopeful. :)