PO Now: Desaparecidos new album: "Payola" Coming Jun 23rd, 2015

I e-mailed Kings Road asking about my order:

Justin,

There was a factory delay with the red vinyl. We expect to ship those out at the beginning of next week.

Cheers,

KRM

I thought they were "on a truck."

"on a truck" sitting on a carrier ship coming from Europe apparently. Luckily I bought the green one too. It sounds tasty.

I emailed them yesterday. I don't know when to expect a reply, but as of June 18 they were "on a truck" on the way to King Roads. Then they were to be immediately shipped out. I'm sure they are just delayed further for some unknown reason, but it's getting a little silly. If I didn't already have a copy, I'd be pissed. I'm just mildly irritated at the moment.

From Facebook:
10 mins ·

Our most sincere apologies to all the fans who pre-ordered our red vinyl and haven't received it yet. We're happy to say we received the records from the plant today and orders will be sent out immediately. Thank you for your patience!

"on a truck" sitting on a carrier ship coming from Europe apparently.

I knew I was right!

I just received my copy on red... pretty underwhelmed due to the lack of "deluxe" in this deluxe version. The jacket is a standard thickness which makes it feel pretty flimsy with as much as they die-cut out of it and the insert is just thin glossy paper. I think a printed inner sleeve instead of the insert would have at least made this feel a little sturdier. All in all, I guess $22 for a single LP ($32 w/ shipping & tax) I was at least expecting better quality materials.

Oh well.... hopefully it'll sound decent.