PO: Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit

Moglog

I'm bummed! I think I expected something noisier after Pedestrian and I'm not sure I can jump aboard the train for her mid-tempo, clean sound on this one. A lot of the songs remind me of a rocking Sheryl Crow. Depreston is the other interesting change of pace from the clean mid-tempo pop rockers.

Just got this from a US indie record store today...

https://instagram.com/p/0d6RBfk9gk/

-150-Gram Orange vinyl

-Free slipmat

-Resealable Sleeve

-Hype sticker reads "150-Gram Orange Vinyl First Pressing"

-Single LP

-Thick cardboard inner-sleeve

-No gatefold

-No bonus 7"

-No sign of a "secret bonus track"

-Download code does not redeem yet (prob tuesday)

my deluxe gatefold lp and 7" came today from the mom and pop pre-order. the jacket tracklist has songs on a side C/D, so i'm really hoping that the album is in fact not just a gatefold but also 2LP version.

edit: yeah, i just noticed the sticker says "heavyweight double orange vinyl in gatefold sleeve." sweet! glad i spent the extra $5 for the 7" and double LP version.

2nd edit: noticed the gatefold jacket actually doesn't say mom and pop on it anywhere, just marathon artists, so i guess the deluxe version came with the same UK orange 2LP that rough trade or whatever uk indie shops were offering.

Any word on the 'secret track' and what form it comes in?

Couldn't see anything on the Australian exclusive 

discogs says there is a hidden track on the d-side of the 2LP version after "boxing day blues" but there's nothing about that on the tracklist on the back of the jacket. i'll see when i get home and listen and let you know.

discogs says there is a hidden track on the d-side of the 2LP version after "boxing day blues" but there's nothing about that on the tracklist on the back of the jacket. i'll see when i get home and listen and let you know.

Wouldn't putting it on the tracklist negate it being a hidden track?