PO: Bjork Catalog (Limited Colored Pressings of 5000)

Is anyone else bugged by the fact that the cover art is sideways? The opening is at the top and the spine with the text is on the bottom. I also have a tiny seam split on the spine of post that goes right across the text. Those mailers are not much better than an envelope.

Ordered Debut, Post, Homogenic on 1/30. Got shipment confirmation on 3/15, and records arrived today.

3 LPs half way across the world in an LP mailer not marked fragile or do not bend ... one corner of the mailer got crushed so all 3 LPs have a corner crease.

Safe to say I would never consider ordering from OLI ever again, but rather wait for someone stateside to get them imported.

Glad this order is complete.

One little Indian just sent me this email........I'm not happy.

"Im afraid to say that the courier service we offer doesnt have tracking capability. It is the safest, fastest and most cost effective serice we offer, which is why the price is so high. Im very sorry if you felt mislead in your choice, I know that other services such as fedex have this as an option but unfortunately not the one we use."

It says tracked shipping on the order....wtf.

Got my set today. Still no tracking number.... But they arrived safely. All boxed together with cardboard protection and bubble wrap. Had seen some not so great photos in the Bjork forum about other's not packed properly so I'm good with that. Not opened to inspect them yet because I don't want to look at the thin vinyl I know is in there... Lol

Re the tracking number thing. Yes. I paid a LOT more for it too. I think the above is correct 40 vs 65 pounds for the tracking number. I somehow doubt demanding a refund will happen so I personally will let it drop. They are so awful at responding. I could dispute it through my credit card. But I got my items. Safely. In a relatively timely manner. I'm not sure how to go about disputing that... 

Got my set today. Still no tracking number.... But they arrived safely. All boxed together with cardboard protection and bubble wrap. Had seen some not so great photos in the Bjork forum about other's not packed properly so I'm good with that. Not opened to inspect them yet because I don't want to look at the thin vinyl I know is in there... Lol

Re the tracking number thing. Yes. I paid a LOT more for it too. I think the above is correct 40 vs 65 pounds for the tracking number. I somehow doubt demanding a refund will happen so I personally will let it drop. They are so awful at responding. I could dispute it through my credit card. But I got my items. Safely. In a relatively timely manner. I'm not sure how to go about disputing that...

Did your get your order via USPS or another carrier?

Did your get your order via USPS or another carrier?

It got dropped off from FedexGround. 

Which is where I think the tracking problem comes from. It did not leave OLI with Fedex. It only became a Fedex package once in the states. At JFK. It was sent to JFK by a company called HMC Logistics. So there were really 2 tracking numbers on it. Neither of which made it to me. Ha. Ha. 

Is anyone else bugged by the fact that the cover art is sideways? The opening is at the top and the spine with the text is on the bottom. I also have a tiny seam split on the spine of post that goes right across the text. Those mailers are not much better than an envelope.

Yes, yes, yes. It is utterly infuriating. They're like the proverbial flies in my otherwise uniform ointment.

Now I'm completely convinced these people have no idea wtf they're doing....I received this email this morning, a response to one of my first attempts at contacting them.

"Hello Vincent,

I do understand. If we cant find it for you, we will of course refund your postage.

Sorry for the delay,

Thanks,

One Little Indian"

So as far as packaging goes... The 200 Gram versions are the way to go right? I have the 200 Gram Greatest Hits and Its awesome. Just wondering about the other albums. They should have done these on 200 gram too. With better quality packaging. I feel like these should have been maybe $10 less considering how cheap they feel.

So as far as packaging goes... The 200 Gram versions are the way to go right? I have the 200 Gram Greatest Hits and Its awesome. Just wondering about the other albums. They should have done these on 200 gram too. With better quality packaging. I feel like these should have been maybe $10 less considering how cheap they feel.

I'm not 100% on this but I think these pressings are just using the OG packaging + presses back from 93/95/97 etc hence why they're <120g and the sleeves are the same cheap material the OG copies had. I think the only album that isn't using the original packaging is Volta for obvious reasons, seeing as the original vinyl release is so excessive. I entirely agree though. These vinyl are cheaply made and I wish they would've used 2009-2011 remastered presses instead at least with proper, sturdier jackets. I still can't get over how flimsy Homogenic is...

I'm not 100% on this but I think these pressings are just using the OG packaging + presses back from 93/95/97 etc hence why they're <120g and the sleeves are the same cheap material the OG copies had. I think the only album that isn't using the original packaging is Volta for obvious reasons, seeing as the original vinyl release is so excessive. I entirely agree though. These vinyl are cheaply made and I wish they would've used 2009-2011 remastered presses instead at least with proper, sturdier jackets. I still can't get over how flimsy Homogenic is...

I will concur that Debut/Post/Homogenic are identical to the black versions I bought just a couple of weeks before the colored versions were announced. Same flimsy sleeves. Same super thin vinyl. Same blurry back cover to Debut. Just add in the colored vinyl. I can't say I am too disappointed because they are the same as the others. My black versions will go in the trade in pile. 

Now Medulla, that I bought then as well, is very disappointing after having it on such beautiful thick black vinyl. This red maroon vinyl just seems cheap. Biophila as well. The black is on nice heavy vinyl. I'll never want to play these thin colored versions.. 

As long as they sound good, thats fine by me. I suspected it was gonna be thin vinyl and thin sleeves just because thats OLI's thing when it comes to the Bjork releases (that aren't the Deluxe 200g DMM LPs). Thats why I hesitated for a day before ordering. I'm happy I did as long as they sound great. To be honest, her covers are usually the only interesting thing about her packaging anyway. So its not like I need a big book or a tip on heavy duty sleeve for anything. 

Well I'm pissed (at myself). 

Apparently I didn't specify that my address was in the US, so it was floating around the UK after it was shipped, and it was eventually returned to OLI. They sent a refund this morning but I emailed back to see if the order could get reprocessed and shipped back out. 

Maybe it wan't meant to be. Hopefully the regular versions make it to the US soon.