PO: Bjork Catalog (Limited Colored Pressings of 5000)

Listened to homogenic last night. These records are super thin but pack quite the punch. Beginning to think these 180g stickers are just marketing hype.... :huh:

Does anyone have any other input on the sound quality of the reissues?

Post and Homogenic sound fantastic, I was quite surprised as well given that these seem hardly thicker than poster paper

For anyone looking for these, MOMA still has Homogenic, Volta and Vespertine at a markup

https://www.momastore.org/museum/moma/CategoryDisplay_10451_10001_26680_63161_-1_Y_Bjork:%20A%20Mid-Career%20Retrospective

MOMA IS OUT OF STOCK ON: Debut, Post, Biophilia, Medulla

MOMA HAS LIMITED STOCK ON: Homogenic, Volta

MOMA HAS AMPLE? STOCK ON: Vespertine

(all as of abt noon PDT 04.16.2015)

If you register an account, MOMA will insta-email you a 10% off coupon ($27 for the single LPs, $31.50 for the doubles). Shipping is flat $6.95. The do ship UPS, unsure of how well they pack but I will know next week.

Also, Amoeba has Homogenic instock right now http://www.amoeba.com/homogenic-green-vinyl-lp-bj-rk/albums/3467373/(APR1515 code gives 15% off)

For anyone looking for these, MOMA still has 'em (at a markup)

https://www.momastore.org/museum/moma/CategoryDisplay_10451_10001_26680_63161_-1_Y_Bjork:%20A%20Mid-Career%20Retrospective

If you register an account, MOMA will insta-email you a 10% off coupon ($27 for the single LPs, $31.50 for the doubles). Shipping is flat $6.95. The do ship UPS, unsure of how well they pack but I will know next week.

Also, Amoeba has Homogenic instock right now http://www.amoeba.com/homogenic-green-vinyl-lp-bj-rk/albums/3467373/(APR1515 code gives 15% off)

debut and post dont seem to be available. homo and vespertine are.. all i'm really after now is debut now if anyone has one.

LOL $42 USD to ship 1 lp to me in canada.. hahaha.

Oops did not catch that Vic. I was only after Vespertine myself and it was in stock.

Moma is not a good source for Debut or Post, and I will update above linkage.

i was worried for a second that I paid too much (well i did, but worried that I could have paid less) for a copy of vespertine that I pulled off discogs.. but that shipping cost blew an order from moma out of the realm of possibility.

Picked up a deluxe copy of Vulnicura on RSD...had no idea there was a deluxe edition. I believe its just extra actate artwork, and possibly the gatefold is matted in this one only? Its literally the softest cover I've ever held. Sounds odd but the gatefold is super soft, its gorgeous! Sounds fantastic...

Man this album is so damn good! Forget the reissues this is where its at! And it was only $20 (for the deluxe) word!

Picked up a deluxe copy of Vulnicura on RSD...had no idea there was a deluxe edition. I believe its just extra actate artwork, and possibly the gatefold is matted in this one only? Its literally the softest cover I've ever held. Sounds odd but the gatefold is super soft, its gorgeous! Sounds fantastic...

Man this album is so damn good! Forget the reissues this is where its at! And it was only $20 (for the deluxe) word!

Pretty sure that's the standard first pressing. I don't think there was an RSD edition...

I've been stalking these posts about Bjork becuase I ordered a shipment of all eight from a record store in the USA. As of yet, they have yet to get them in. However, they seem to be on top of things, and they did some digging to let me know why people still haven't recieved their vinyl. Also, why a few other things may be going wrong. Here it is:

"We've just been updated on the situation with the Bjork colored vinyl LPs and I wanted to pass this information on to you.  Due to issues with the quality of the earlier pressings, along with a major bottleneck at UK record pressing plants, there has been an additional delay in the shipping of these LPs from the UK to the USA.  I have been in contact with our supplier for One Little Indian and they have advised us that no supply will be available for export until June at the earliest.  On the plus side, we've also been told we will receive our entire ordered quantity, and therefore will be able to fill and ship your order without problem once stock is received."

What does this mean? I theorize that maybe the bottleneck was a result of record store day. However, as to the quality of earlier pressings.. .  Other than the thiness of them all, was there anything else wrong? I'm wondering if this means they plan to make them thicker--180 grams. I doubt they really care about the packaging of the single LPs, even if they were thin. I mean, I'm really hoping that this means the overall quality of these records will be better once they start pressing more of them, so I can get mine in. That being said, I wonder if they are going to try and refund direct orders during the summer with better pressings. I just thought I would pass this along to everyone.

I've been stalking these posts about Bjork becuase I ordered a shipment of all eight from a record store in the USA. As of yet, they have yet to get them in. However, they seem to be on top of things, and they did some digging to let me know why people still haven't recieved their vinyl. Also, why a few other things may be going wrong. Here it is:

"We've just been updated on the situation with the Bjork colored vinyl LPs and I wanted to pass this information on to you.  Due to issues with the quality of the earlier pressings, along with a major bottleneck at UK record pressing plants, there has been an additional delay in the shipping of these LPs from the UK to the USA.  I have been in contact with our supplier for One Little Indian and they have advised us that no supply will be available for export until June at the earliest.  On the plus side, we've also been told we will receive our entire ordered quantity, and therefore will be able to fill and ship your order without problem once stock is received."

What does this mean? I theorize that maybe the bottleneck was a result of record store day. However, as to the quality of earlier pressings.. .  Other than the thiness of them all, was there anything else wrong? I'm wondering if this means they plan to make them thicker--180 grams. I doubt they really care about the packaging of the single LPs, even if they were thin. I mean, I'm really hoping that this means the overall quality of these records will be better once they start pressing more of them, so I can get mine in. That being said, I wonder if they are going to try and refund direct orders during the summer with better pressings. I just thought I would pass this along to everyone.

Which store did you ordered them from if I may ask? 

I placed an order for Post and Debut from RoughTrade.com during pre-order, and they also dont have a set date on when they will be available.    =( Im getting discouraged as to if they will ever be shipped.   But if this is happening from the Record Pressing plants, then it make sense for it to be unaivailable at all stores. 

If I were you, I would insist on finding out about the release day. It wouldn't hurt, seeing as you ordered them and deserve to know. I'm the only one (from my knowledge) that has heard about them pushing them back all the way to this summer, so the more confirmation we get on this the better. I really hope you get yours in too. Oh yeah, and I ordered mine from SirenDisc.

MOMA Vespertine showed up today, packed horribly but looks good. 1 slight corner ding which isn't bad for a double LP thrown in a big box with just some loose air pillow crap.

Glad I have all of these I want, and it wasn't cheap or easy or without hiccups.

Good luck to those still looking to track these down.

edit some week and a half later: so finally got around to spinning Vespertine. The sound is good ... some notes:

>these discs are thin ... I would guess 120g

>my "white" vinyl has a color blob of orangey/red on side A which causes surface noise on the last two tracks

>sound quality on these is decent, but poorly shipped records from both OLI and MOMA have me with playable records ALL of which (Debut, Post, Homogenic, Vespertine) have some sleeve/jacket condition issue ranging from minor to moderate.

I hope anything I need from OLI in the future is carried by Amazon

I have an extra post, debut, and homogenic still all on colored vinyl. I'm asking $35 each shipped in the U.S. If anyone Is interested let me know, if not then I'm going to eBay. I'm looking for a copy of worship and tribute by Glassjaw, and the Scott pilgrim video game soundtrack so if you have either I'll just do a straight trade. Anyway, pm me.