Mastodon reissuing all major label albums on colored vinyl + box set

Wow, they're dragging this badboy out for the whole year!? Little bit excessive...

I still need to pick up Blood Mountain and Crack The Skye, so I'll hold out and see if these are 2 x LP or not. That said, if they are ridiculously overpriced then maybe not!

I picked up both CTS and BM from Amazon for $32. Pretty good deal if you're just looking for the records to listen to and add to your collection.

• 3 weeks later...

I was talking about the Remission LP, but as it turns out, these new presses are actually a new remaster (I havent heard it though). All the previous Remissions were all horrible - distorted. 

The Reprise reissues are probably all very good - the first press was the loud master (the ones with the regular cover), but all the later ones (with the alternate cover) were all remastered for vinyl. Im sure this green one is no different.

I was talking about the Remission LP, but as it turns out, these new presses are actually a new remaster (I havent heard it though). All the previous Remissions were all horrible - distorted.

The Reprise reissues are probably all very good - the first press was the loud master (the ones with the regular cover), but all the later ones (with the alternate cover) were all remastered for vinyl. Im sure this green one is no different.

First press regular cover? The cover that has white in it? So every version with the cover having blue in it (like the one pictured in thr instagram video) is remastered (so majority of the copies)? All I know is, my 45RPM of blood mountain makes all my other mastodon records sound weak in comparison, wish I could get my hands on a Crack the skye 45rpm.

Might pick up one of those blood mountain shirts though, pretty cool.

• 2 months later...

Crack The Skye is up for pre order at a few places. Really hoping that "baby blue" is like the blue Jimmy Eat World Futures pressing. Cant get enough of that!

SRC has it at $19.99, whereas Banquet Records here in the UK has it for £34.99!! Lol absolutely ridiculous price. There's a mistake on their page which says its a 7LP set (uh... What?), so I've emailed them to ask. SRC clearly indicates its a single LP, but part of me is hoping that the UK is getting a different 2LP pressing (especially given the price).

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump! This may or may not help anyone interested in the blue variant of Crack The Skye in the UK/Europe...

It seems that this variant isn't really available in Europe, but Amazon.com have it for $19.99, and with delivery to the UK it comes to £19 using their currency conversation. Not bad by UK standards, considering BR want £34.99 for it before delivery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00V862IH8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1433181633&sr=8-1π=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=mastodon+blue+vinyl&dpPl=1&dpID=61ObRHSi3tL&ref=plSrch