Questions from Concerned buyer.

Understood, but no not a first year law student.   Simply a fan of vinyl, new to this and SRC, who foolishly used a message board to ask what appeared to be a legitimate question.   Who would have thought a message board to be used for such chicanery?  Unbeknownst to me, I was also using incorrect prose.

Understood, but no not a first year law student.   Simply a fan of vinyl, new this and SRC, who foolishly used a message board to ask what appeared to be a legitimate question.   Who would have thought a message board to be used for such chicanery?  Unbeknownst to me, I was also using incorrect prose.

Verily. 

... Simply a fan of vinyl, new to this and SRC, who foolishly used a message board to ask what appeared to be a legitimate question.....

Nothing foolish about coming here to ask a question. And you got some pretty good answers. Don't take any of it too seriously - just folks having fun (this time at your expense)

Fair question, Serious Business.   However, I had not read the negative things until I started having this experience.  I also saw their BBB rating was a F.   Granted, I should have done this research before buying, but the zealot in me took over when I saw the records I wanted.   From now on, I will stick to Discogs when ordering online.

Fair question, Serious Business. However, I had not read the negative things until I started having this experience. I also saw their BBB rating was a F. Granted, I should have done this research before buying, but the zealot in me took over when I saw the records I wanted. From now on, I will stick to Discogs when ordering online.

Be sure to check users' feedback before buying, and as others have said, be patient.

It has now been 8 days.  The only response was on the thread of sale that said he had sent them out just to shoot him a PM.   Keep in mind, I had already sent him 2 PM's that he declined to respond to and he has still failed to respond after he stated that on the thread.   Yet, he has been on numerous times since saying so.  So is it still impatience or should I start to worry?

I have already had one transaction and it was fine.  I have purchased over 100 albums from Discogs and never had 1 issue, in fact 100% rating.  Again, not expecting it to be here NOW, but communication within 8 days is not an absurd request.  I really couldn't give a fuck if you choose to sell to me or not.  I understand things happen in life.  But when you repeatedly log on and ignore PM's then SPECIFICALLY tell me to PM you when I already have, seems a bit odd.

I think communication is the key point here. I don't think 8 days is unreasonable to have not sent a record. Things can happen. But it is frustrating when you pay someone and they haven't communicated anything to you in those 8 days.

If someone shoots me a message and says "hey I'll get the record out but it maybe a few days" that's cool. But not saying anything is just poor on the sellers part. In my opinion at least

I think 8 days is plenty to provide someone with some communication. I am not expecting it here within 8 days necessarily, but I am expecting communication from the seller. To say that is impatient is absurd.

You started the thread after three days. Not eight. And you even claim you have had contact since the payment and he said he shipped it.

You have 45 days to file a paypal claim. Clam down.

I'm monkey's uncle and I have dish

And I'm super impatient monkey's uncle and I have cable.

Dish. When I don't get a record in three days I go on with my day and completely ignore the situation

Cable. Three days have passed better make a thread to voice my concern.

Dish. An item I placed is on back order I'll chill out and listen to the 100 other records I bought off discogs.

Cable. I'm going to look into their bbb rating and read yelp reviews.

I wonder if there's been an influx of folks coming from r/vinyl. I just feel like we've been getting a LOT of new members here that are totally new to the vinyl game (read: no patience, commonly asked questions posed without searching, inquiring about the value of dollar bin Dad Rock records). I understand that record collecting is big right now, but in the last month or so, it just seems like there have been a lot more ridiculous posts around here than usual.

Monkeysuncle: be patient. You should have done your due diligence and researched SRC before ordering. At this point, you need to sit tight and let it play out. You have 45 days to file a paypal claim.

Wanted to get some of you regulars insight on this as both of these purchases are new to me.

1.) [sRC Issue]

id say his worry about $RC is warranted. you buy something that is "in stock" and advertised that way, that record should be in stock. especially if $RC doesnt give cash refunds. thats almost like a bait and switch. 

This.  Like hugely this.  If it wasn't backordered when you purchased it, then it's fair to ask for a refund (and a proper refund, not store credit).  If they won't give it to you, or won't communicate with you then going to PayPal or your bank to acquire the refund seems like the right way to go.

Wanted to get some of you regulars insight on this as both of these purchases are new to me.

2.) [VC User Issue]

If it's true that the user has a good rep, they did tell you it was shipped, then you're fine.  If you've been waiting and you're in the last day or two of your PayPal dispute window (180 days since payment) then open up a dispute.  180 days is a lot though, assuming this is a US to US shipment, I can't imagine it taking longer than six weeks to arrive with the slowest shipping option.  If it's international it could take 8-10 weeks depending on several factors.

In regards to the general reaction you're receiving to this thread, don't take it too seriously.  People tend to get screwed over my new users that buy or sell here, so you're simply being lumped in with that crowd due to your post count.  You did seem to be a little impatient, but you asked before just going nuclear and opening a dispute, so you're already miles ahead of most of the newbies that come through here.

This is a good community overall, just roll your eyes at the arm flailing going on and move on.  If you stick it out it'll be worth it.