PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Flipping is obviously annoying but it is what it is and like with ticket scalping it is too hard if not impossible to stop. And honestly it probably helps some smaller labels because flippers help them sell out of hyped items very quickly. So a lot of labels probably approve of it from a business standpoint.

But am i missing where he secured 7 copies? Unless he ordered one from 4ad direct i don't see how he is guaranteed any. I guess that may be why he only has 1 of 7 up for sale? Also none of the other places seem to charge cards in advance so that whole "paying interest" thing is nonsense.

Yeah, but I think the distributor should have a better system. For retail it should be limited to 1, and should set some sort of system where you can order more if you are wholesale.

Ultimately its them to blame. If a person buys one to flip, fine. But 7!!!! That's just ridiculous.

But what can we do, right...?

To be honest, I'm not even going after this boxset. I'm really only interested in the Ocean Beach LP (I'll buy separate when its released in the summer) but for some reason this listing just bothered me. Maybe it was the screen grab of his 'purchase confirmation'

Flipping will never be stopped, but to me its a dirty occupation. Sitting around all day snagging up rare items for re-sale. I get it, I just don't like it.

Yeah, but I think the distributor should have a better system. For retail it should be limited to 1, and should set some sort of system where you can order more if you are wholesale.

Ultimately its them to blame. If a person buys one to flip, fine. But 7!!!! That's just ridiculous.

But what can we do, right...?

Someone on another forum talked to Matador Direct and they said they wanted to make 5000 of these but Mark insisted on only 1500.

I wonder why someone like Mark, who's always spoken of in such positive light in the record collecting community - Saint like, really, with not a morsel of negativity - and has been nothing short of totally accommodating to his devoted fan base, would do something to make it harder for those fans to buy his music?

Such a puzzle...

I wonder why someone like Mark, who's always spoken of in such positive light in the record collecting community - Saint like, really, with not a morsel of negativity - and has been nothing short of totally accommodating to his devoted fan base, would do something to make it harder for those fans to buy his music?

Such a puzzle...

I think it's the same reason he rarely plays any RHP songs live anymore. The older he gets, the less he wants to be known for something he did 20+ years ago. He wants people to be into what he is doing now, not back then. Even if I really can't stand most of his newer output, I can't blame the guy for wanting to still be a "current" artist and not a jukebox playing greatest hits albums constantly just to pay his bills...

I spoke to Amazon and asked them if they knew how many they were getting. They told me they were not privileged to share that information but that I'm guaranteed a copy if I ordered. Probably say that about every order, right?

Yes, they will say that, then mark the product "Temporary Unavailable/Trying to Get More" and then "Currently Unavailable" and then they will start cancelling orders. They don't guarantee squat.

I spoke to Amazon and asked them if they knew how many they were getting. They told me they were not privileged to share that information but that I'm guaranteed a copy if I ordered. Probably say that about every order, right?

So what happens if they don't come through? What exactly is the guarantee? They don't even charge until it ships so it isn't even a money back guarantee.

There is not a doubt in my mind that Amazon will get exactly ZERO copies of this box set. I am 0 for 5 on Amazon vinyl. They will string you along for months. Dont waist your time.

I actually received a copy of Cap'n Jazz 'Analphabetapolowhatever...' vie amazon after over 6 months of unavailability. These things happen, but probably not with this one..